- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda Christian University
Deadline of this Job:
25th October 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Driver
Reports to: Senior Driver
Department: Facilities and Capital Projects
Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of this job is to provide driving services to students and staff of Uganda Christian University as deployed. This involves ensuring the safety of passengers, luggage and vehicle at all times..
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum Qualification of Uganda Advanced Level Certificate of Education with (3) three years of uninterrupted work experience as a driver of an omnibus or a bus or Ordinary Level Certificate with (5) five years’ experience as a driver of an omnibus or bus.
• A valid driving permit for at an omnibus or bus.
• For buses, recognition from the transport Licensing Board will be an added advantage.
• For drivers having a driving permit of the DM and DH class will be an added advantage.
• Ability to drive a range of vehicles and to pass the UCU driving test.
• Defensive driving, basic skills in vehicle fault diagnosis and trouble shooting.
• Applicants must be able to read and write English.
• Applicants must be good time keepers, honest, courteous and polite.
• Integrity and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
• Applicants must be neat and well groomed
• Applicants must be committed and trustworthy Christians.
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Reports to the Head of Department of his office of placement.
• Provide driving services to Uganda Christian University as deployed.
• Ensure that all passengers are comfortably and safely seated and belted up at all times in transit and assist them to embark and disembark the vehicle.
• Ensuring the safety of luggage, supplies and equipment whilst in the vehicle or as otherwise requested.
• Ensure that vehicles are clean and in proper running condition at all times, and in compliance with Uganda Christian University rules and regulations and the traffic laws of Uganda.
• Reporting when the vehicle is due for servicing and repairs.
• Regularly checking for expiry dates for third party insurance and the motor vehicle license and inform the Estates Office at least one (1) month before they expire.
• Keeping safe custody of the assigned vehicle documents.
• Maintaining the logbook for all duties assigned.
• Complying with traffic regulations and procedures.
• Ensuring the vehicle is fuelled at all times as per University policy that it has the correct levels
• of lubricants, and that tyres have the recommended pressure levels.
• Assisting with delivering messages and documents and keeping records of delivery.
• Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Certificate
Job Experience Requirements: (3) Three years
Job application procedure
1.Send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.
2.Two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
3.Please Note: Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document
otherwise they will not be considered.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono
Or Apply online on this link; https://alpha.ucu.ac.ug/mis/jobs
Deadline: 5:00pm Friday, 25th October 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.