Economic Inclusion Specialist
Jobs at:Stromme Foundation (SF)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Economic Inclusion Specialist
Duty station: Kampala
Type of contract: 2 year fixed contract
Stromme Foundation (SF) is a Norwegian International Non- Governmental Organization. From its Head Office in Kristiansand, Norway, SF works through a field structure comprising of Regional and Country Offices in East Africa, West Africa and Asia to implement projects in the areas of creating Employment and job opportunities; promoting Inclusive education (IE) and strengthening the capacity of local communities. SF’s field structure works closely with local partners in implementing projects and programmes.
The Economic Inclusion specialist position is a National local position and terms and conditions of the Uganda government apply. The position will be based in the Stromme Foundation’s Regional Office for East Africa (SFEA) in Kampala, Uganda. The Economic Inclusion specialist has the overall responsibility for the development, management, monitoring and evaluation of the region’s Economic inclusion (El) intervention’s in line with the SF strategic plan, vision, mission, values, and objectives. He/she will be required to coordinate, plan, and organize the activities and operations related to the Economic Inclusion intervention and to serve as a liaison to local partners, community representatives, local and central governments regarding Livelihoods activities, policies, procedures, activities, operations and requirements in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan .
• In a consultative process take lead of development and periodic update of the Economic Inclusion programme at Regional Office level and ensure the management and implementation of the program activities in line with SF policies, strategies, and procedures.
• Promote and coordinate the development of new initiatives and responses to emerging enterprise development such as integration of the principles of green economy development, value addition and access to Finance.
• Promote use of technology in the Economic inclusion program including digitalization of Saving groups, market linkages and attachment to entrepreneurships.
• Facilitate the implementation of specified project development plans, providing overall partnership and technical support in the conceptualization, design, planning, budgeting, and implementation.
• Promote digital financing, Financial literacy, credit plus activities, Food security entrepreneurship and commercial village concepts in all the El programs.
• Ensure job creation, Green skilling, financial inclusion, and improved livelihoods through training marginalized and vulnerable Youth and women (including people with disability) in green skills.
• Develop plans, procedures, criteria of eligibility, systems or appropriate tools tor timely initiation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the El program me.
• Work closely with the M&E staff and partner mentors to conduct regular monitoring of program activities to ensure quality and provide timely teed back to partners on issues for follow up.
• Together with the partners, target group and other stakeholders build facilitate the development of the Economic Inclusion programme by developing and integrating other relevant Green economy and credit-plus activities of high impact on the lives of the poor and in life poor communities of intervention.
• Ensure that all the Economic Inclusion interventions are based on the Rights Based Approach principles.
• Prepare quarterly and annual regional Economic Inclusion programme reports and documentations on the intervention as per the requirement of the regional office, donors, head office and other stakeholders.
• In Liaison with the Business development and communications unit support resource mobilization following life frameworks/ guidelines formats of life organization/donors through participatory processes involving primary stakeholders of the programmes/projects. This includes the thematic proposals for each country in lite region and for the entire EA region.
• In liaison with the Regional Programmes Manager, coordinate with different offices and projects in the region for smooth implementation of the El program.
• Manage and be accountable to annual programme budget by providing regular accountability and various report.
• Work closely with the Business support unit and Regional programmes Manager to provide oversight and management of the El thematic budget.
• In close consultation with relevant thematic leads at the regional office, Country office in South Sudan, departments in SF-Norway draft timely inputs to regular progress reports for submission to donors.
• Establish strategic and collaborative working relationships with the public private sector.
• Active participation in Economic inclusion forums at regional and national levels.
• Lead and manage the Livelihood staff in the region.
• Graduate with a post-graduate studies (preferred) in a relevant field such as Project management, Entrepreneurship. agri-business, Access to Finance, and Value-chain agriculture
• Three to five years at a senior Programme level with similar work, including experience with project management, private sector management, capacity building, and engaging civil society engagement.
• Substantial experience (minimum 5 years} in supporting, working or investing in small and medium enterprises, preferably in the agriculture or technical and vocational sectors; with Experience in portfolio management, fund development and management, in the commercial, or social/impact investment sectors.
• Relevant personal experience with the green economy programming and promoting youth green entrepreneurs, digital financing, and working with commercial villages.
• Conversant with digital tools (including monitoring tools) and workflows.
• Experience managing staff or/and facilitate and get results through others such as implementing partners
• Proven abilities for developing, resourcing and leading budget monitoring, multiple projects spanning numerous technical specialties like Business Development, Gender Justice, Budget, and Donor Reporting.
• Ability to facilitate Partnerships and build of strong, credible relationships with international and local NGOs, government associations, Private sector, business leaders and communities.
• Ability to think strategically; work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner.
• Good interpersonal, communication and proposal; writing skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
• Budget and donor reporting
SF staff members shall be expected to be faithful’ to the founding values and guiding inspiration of SF and demonstrate consistent commitment to the organisations ideals and vision. The position requires frequent travel to the field within the region.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your application, Curriculum vitae, and contacts of three referees by August 31st, 2020 to:
The Regional Director, Stromme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, P.0 Box 27200, Kampala.
Or send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.