Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station: Kigumba Kiryandongo District, Uganda
Asili Farms is a fully-mechanized farming company that manages dual-season production of high quality maize and soybeans for supply to regional food processors. Asili Farms became operational in January 2014 and is currently farming on over 5,000 ha of land in Western Uganda under a conservation agriculture and precision farming approach to maximize yields efficiently and sustainably..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide effective, efficient and accurate financial, administrative and clerical services.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports of company financials, sales and operating budget actuals
• Perform weekly and monthly inventory stock counts
• Provide supporting documents for all work done to enable internal and external audits
• Provide information on procedures or policies for clients
• Perform business process reviews to ensure compliance
• Prepare sales and purchase documents
• Review requisitions for casual work activities to confirm accuracy before payment is effected
• Receipt all cash received and provide the original receipt to the payer.
• Receipt all cheques that have been received on their due date and provide the original receipt to the payer.
• Keep a register of daily cash, daily cash, and daily cheques both current and postdated.
• Issue cash according to pre-approved budgets and ensure proper accurate and timely accountability for the funds disbursed.
• Post transactions into QuickBooks and help with accounts reconciliation
• Accounts payable and Receivable reconciliations
• Supporting external audit activities by preparing and providing external auditors all the information needed
• Commit to comply with organizational Health and Safety practices and procedures.
• PR functions-uphold the goodwill of the company and be an upright ambassador of TJI in all the circles of engagement with stakeholder, both internally and externally
• Perform any other duties when called upon
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration-Accounting option and other related discipline preferably First Class or Second Class Upper
Possession of professional accounting qualification in ACCA or CPA at least level two or three will be an added advantage
Minimum of 1 year working experience in the finance and accounting function.
Experience in using Quick Books Accounting package will be an added advantage
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and meeting targets and deadlines
Proficiency in computer technology (Ms Word and Excel, Cloud services, data analysis and other applications)
Job Exprience Requirements: 1 year
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, academic documents and three references AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 27th November, 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.