Jobs at:Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU)
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU) affiliated to Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is an Ecumenical Christian Ministry that welcomes to its work all people dedicated to the cause of eliminating poverty housing. Our Vision is a Uganda where everyone has a decent place to live.
We seek to recruit:
Position Title: Grants Accountant
Supervisor: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Kampala-National Office
Job Summary: Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Grants Accountant will support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budgeting and tracking of financial and narrative donor reporting, coordination and ensuring compliance with Habitat for Humanity Uganda and Donor rules and regulations/requirements. The Grants Accountant will also manage the day to day grant compliance and financial reporting for donor-funded activities in Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Start Date: October 2020.
Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, nationality, origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. .
Key result areas:
1. Coordinating stakeholders involved in grant management to ensure that:
• They are all aware of the terms and conditions of the grant regarding expected programmatic deliverables and all information created during proposal development and donor negotiations
• That ongoing information related to the grant is communicated to relevant stakeholders.
• Appropriate tools are available and used to manage the programmatic implementation and compliance such as: Developing and monitoring annual project implementation work plans/Gantt charts (everything from procurement/award to evaluation), Reporting calendar and required report templates, MOU templates and partner agreements are reviewed by appropriate team members, Conducting Due Diligence on prospective partners to work with HFH Uganda.
2. Reviewing grant budgets and work plans ensuring that:
1. The grant budgets for grant proposals are aligned to the proposed work plans.
2. The budget and budget narrative follow the donor’s budgeting guidelines.
3. Timely feedback and responses are given to questions raised by the Donor, Finance and Administration Manager or EMEA Grants.
4. Correct budget coding has been used to facilitate posting and tracking in the Financial Management System for monitoring and analysis.
3. Monitoring and coordinating grant financial management, compliance and reporting including:
• Liaising with partners on grant implementation, reporting, information sharing and further work planning.
• Ensuring compliance with the donor financial contractual obligations by:
• Assisting HFH Uganda in creating and reviewing of financial compliance checklist, compliance briefings and briefings on the importance of maintaining support documentation etc.
• Conducting an initial assessment of financial systems to ensure HFH Uganda has set-up correct codes to enable financial reporting in Sun-Systems such as Project codes, fund codes and Donor Activity codes.
• Conducting periodic reviews of the financial transactions supporting documentation to ensure compliance with the donor rules and regulations.
• Capturing transactions in Sun-Systems and ensuring that grant financial reports are reconciled to the ledger.
• Preparing or reviewing and analyzing the budget variance analysis; grant actual expenditure & vs. grant budget, budget variance justification, and advise the Finance and Administration Manager.
• Assisting the Finance and Administration Manager with the preparation of budget realignment requests where applicable.
• Working with the Finance and Administration Manager to respond to the grant audit findings and highlighted risks and project evaluation concerns.
• Working with the Finance and Administration Manager to develop and strengthen the internal controls environment in as far management of the grant is concerned.
• Reviewing and providing feedback to the Finance and Administration Manager on the programmatic and financial donor reports prior to submission, ensuring these are timely, accurate and reliable and in compliance with the contractual obligations.
• Periodic field visits to check on grant activities progress, consistency and level of compliance.
• Proactively identifying problem areas or potential problems, making recommendations to address issues before they impact the grant, developing action plans and following up with the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure that identified issues have been addressed.
4. Capacity Building and Training
• Supporting the Finance and Administration Manager with reviewing the grant agreements against HFH Uganda systems and policies. Identifying the gaps and assisting in the development of systems and procedures that would enable full compliance with the contractual obligations.
• Providing input into grant management related policies and work with other parties to develop and institutionalize detailed implementation procedures based on the grant management policies and the applicable specific donor rules and regulations.
• Identifying and sharing best practices in grant management at the local, national and international levels.
• Arranging, and/or conducting training and capacity building to address grant management competency gaps at the National Office and Field Offices.
5. Grant cash flow management: Ensuring the grant cash flow is managed in line with the donor requirements and HFH Uganda procedures
Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager as relates to the interests and operations of Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Internal/ External Working Relationships:
Internal: National Director, Finance and Administration Manager, Resource Development and Project teams.
External: Partners, Contractors and Donors.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant academic credentials to email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 21st August 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.