Human Resource Generalist
Jobs at:Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Position of Human Resource Generalist
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) is a member-based organization with members structured in 12 sectors that span Uganda's economy. PSFU has moved to use a sectoral approach to ensure that it remains of value to both its membership and the economy at large.
PSFU intends to recruit the services of a qualified individual with suitable credentials and experience for a Human Resource Generalist.
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director Human Resource & Results
Under the general supervision of the Director Human Resources & Results, the HR generalist is a human resources professional who has fundamental knowledge in a broad array of topics related to employee benefits, compensation, hiring, on boarding and evaluations. He/she works with director HR & Results to distribute information to department heads about new procedures, payroll changes or hiring needs.
Human Resources Generalist Job Responsibilities:
• Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements.
• Writes, revises, edits and proofreads company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
• Coordinates performance evaluation development/implementation and rewards systems.
• Participates in surveys to ensure pay scale complies with changing laws and regulations and meets organizations objectives.
• Collaborate with Director Human Resource and Results to develop effective recruitment strategies.
• Assist in benchmarking positions against market to ensure competitive compensation.
• Identify future staffing needs
• Works with hiring managers to develop job descriptions.
• Leads the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position identifying effective sources. Efficiently and effectively assist in filling open positions.
• Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of people, work processes, procedures and benefits.
• Assist with payroll processing through processing required documentation to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
• Develop and maintain talent management processes.
• Monitor employee morale and company culture.
• Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
• Administers health and welfare plans as well as works with retirement plan.
• Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
• Maintain employee personnel records.
• Coordinates implementation/ maintenance of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS
• Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
• Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Human Resources Generalist Qualifications/Skills:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
• Understanding of the employment regulations
• Awareness of OSHA regulations and compliance
• Understanding of personnel and compliance records management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
• 3-5 years’ human resources experience
• Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Further details about the requirements of each position can be found on the PSFU www.psfuganda.org.ug
Qualified interested candidates should submit applications strictly online using the following link https://www.psfuganda.org/psfuopportunities/apply-online.html not later than 5th August, 2021 addressed to
Private Sector Foundation Uganda
Plot 43 Nakasero Hill Road
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify any candidate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.