Human Resource Manager
Jobs at:Arlington Academy of Hope (AAH Uganda)
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Human Resource Manager (HR)
Department: Finance & Administration
Supervisor: Director of Finance & Administration
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with AAH Senior management team and the AAH Directors and the founders and partner organizations. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Payroll and benefits administration, employee relations, training, annual performance evaluations and management, on boarding, policy implementation, and recruitment/employment and employment law compliance in accordance with Uganda laws. .
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual. Creates and Maintains employee files
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Develops and maintains files; and maintains other records, reports
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements.
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
• Maintains compliance with National, and districts local employment and benefits laws and regulations
• Ethical Practice.
• Global & Cultural Awareness.
• HR Expertise.
• Relationship Management.
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in Human Resource Management
• Degree in Human Resources Management or related field in management
• Administrative law or post graduate in Monitoring and evaluation shall be an added advantage.
• Three to five years proven experience in a HR position, including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc.)
• Substantial knowledge of Human Resource administrative procedures and systems either through experience gained from human resources, working experiences or from a similar NGO
• Substantial knowledge of Uganda employment laws
• Ability to influence and persuade decisions at senior management level
• Based in Bududa with willingness to spend significant time in Bududa and Namisindwa
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters, CV and certified academic documents to Uganda@aahuganda.org or hand deliver to the office of the Director of Finance & Administration by September 7, 2020 at 5:00PM. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AAH is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
About Us: The Arlington Academy of Hope, (AAH Uganda) partners with communities in rural eastern Uganda, AAH USA and other global partners to improve the quality of their daily life and realize their future potential through improved education, health-care, and community development.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.