Human Resources & Administration Volunteer
Jobs at:Humanity & Inclusion
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI is currently seeking to recruit a vibrant person in the Human Resources and Administration
Departments as detailed below;
Position: Human Resources & Administration Volunteer
Responsible to: Country Human Resource & Administration Officer
Team Management: 00
Location: Kampala .
Under the supervision of the Country HR & Administration Officer and in direct coordination the Kampala Coordination Team, the HR Volunteer will:
• Conduct routine Up-dates such as Organizational HR Database, Organisational Chart and the Organisation’s / Directory.
• Support in the recruitment process such as: drafting of Job Adverts, shortlisting for lower level positions and follow up on the reference check feedback.
• Support the Country HR & Administration Officer to organise the staff on-boarding schedules and plans.
• Provide Payroll Support by following up on the Time-sheets.
• Provides clerical support to coordination team when required and assist in the office filing when requested by departments
• Receiving of incoming mail, and their delivery to the appropriate HI departments
• Make arrangements for the safe custody and proper usage of all front desk equipment; keep a safe and healthy environment in the reception area.
• Monitor visitor access and security at the reception area
• The incumbent will take responsibility for being the first point of contact for all Visitors to the front Desk and ensure that a high quality of service is delivered at all times.
• Displays necessary notices and memos on the office Notice board
• Any other tasks deemed necessary by the line manager in line with the scope duties Department.
Education and Experience
• A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other related course
• At least 1 years’ experience in a similar position
• Previous experience in a similar position
• Organised and a good planner.
• Great organizational and multitasking abilities
• Possess excellent Computer Skills
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 05 months
Salary: This is not a salaried position however HI shall offer the incumbent an allowance to cater for Transport and lunch.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct (in accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption)
HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter to the HR department at email@example.com indicating Application for HR Volunteer not later than 5:00pm on Wednesday 12th August 2020.
(Please do follow the application process as detailed above to avoid disqualification) Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.