Institutional Strengthening Officer
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UGANET with support from UN Women, the Government of Sweden and the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative to Eliminate violence against Women and Girls is seeking to recruit vibrant, competent and committed individuals to fill vacant positions tor Institutional Strengthening Officers to implement the EVAW SASA! Together Project.
The program aims at promoting favourable social norms, attitudes and practices that prevent Violence Against Women and Girls and SRHR promotion using the SASA! Together methodology which is an evidence-based approach that impacts all levels of the ecological system; communities and Institutions, knowing that violent attitudes, behaviours, norms and practices are shaped at individual, relationship, community, institutional and societal levels in a mutually reinforcing way.
The position seeks to recruit gender equality advocates with proven ability to work with Local governments or other institutions agencies to lead change within institutional systems that ought to be responsive to prevent Violence Against Women and Girls. The suitable person is expected to learn the SASA Together Model and, demonstrate leading from personal conviction and work alongside institutional leaders to create change in practices, norms and systems in the institutions and the district. The work of this officer is to complement efforts of community leaders and activists mobilizing tor change at grass roots and in communities.
Position Title: Institutional Strengthening Officer
Duty station: Kasese, Bundibugyo and Tororo
Positions: 2 - Kasese and Bundibugyo (1 staff) Tororo (1 Staff)
Report to: Head, Gender Equality and UAW Prevention UGANET Secretariat Kampala
Duration: 12 Months with a possibility to renew..
Specific roles for the position:
• Take lead and work collaboratively with the leadership of the institution to formalise partnership as well as work with the Institutional allies to develop the Institutional strengthening strategy plan, design frameworks and action plans for the implementation of the SASA! Together institutional strengthening strategy.
• Build and nurture relationships within target institutions and other close partners in the district.
• Work alongside the target institutions and provide support and mentorship to the institutional allies as they drive the process of change within their institutions.
• Directly support and work closely with a team of key allies’/contact persons with in each of the institutions to strengthen the institutions response to VAWG prevention and response.
• Support allies to lobby and influence leadership in the agency and in the district to advocate for review of and change policy and practice on VAWG issues in their work place.
• Facilitate Training of allies and provide extensive follow up mentoring support to trained partners and actors.
• Use existing Institutional Strengthening Learning and Assessment Tools as well as develop additional tools (it the need arises) to guide, evaluate and support institutional allies to effectively prevent and respond to violence against women and girls.
• Ensure a linkage between the Institution, communities and other strategic activists during the implementation of SASA! Together to prevent violence against women and girls.
Required Academic Background, Experience and Person specifications:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other related field.
• Knowledge about SASA! with the ability to pass it on to others will be an added advantage.
• Any additional Course or Certificate in gender and women studies will be an added advantage
• Experience and knowledge in sexual reproductive health rights -would be an advantage
• Three (3) years‘ experience and skills in working with leaders and influencers in the community
• A strong and self-driven person with advocacy skills and ability to work with institutions and local governments within the designate systems.
• Knowledgeable about the local ecosystems of the district and ability to speak local languages fluently
• Should have good analytical, communication and writing skills.
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: Three (3) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates with the necessary qualifications, competences, skills and experience should submit an application letter, a current CV and copies of their certified academic/professional certificates. Applications should indicate a daytime telephone contact, email address and include three professional referees.
The closing date for receiving of applications is Friday, 21st August 2020 at 5.00pm
Applications should be addressed to;
Executive Director, UGANET
Plot 19, Valley Road Ministers’ Village
or Send Application by
For more information:
Please visit our website: www.uganet.org Office
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.