Jobs at:Mercy Corps
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Intern
INTERN WORKSITE LOCATION: Kampala
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: August to October 2020
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: 3 months
INTERNS SUPERVISOR & CONTACT INFORMATION: Finance Assistant
Following the numerous finance audits ranging from Annual external audit, Mercy corps Internal Audit, The USAID Donor 3-year Audit and other reviews the organization has undergone, there is a big volume of documents that were retrieved from the shelves both in the finance office and the archive for the past periods from 2017 to 2019.
It is important that these documents are re organized, arranged and returned back into their files with appropriate location and precise referencing. And with this we shall require the support of interns to be assigned to have this well accomplished. .
• Support to arrange Files transferred to the Warehouse according to the year of income as per the Mercy Corps Warehouse Management policy and Guidelines.
• Support to transfer more Files from the Finance Office to the Mercy Corps Warehouse
• Responsible for checking that documents both for cash and bank payments are stamped and General Journals, labeling/referencing all the files, archiving files in the Finance Department.
• Filling back documents that were retrieved for the Annual audit, Internal Audit, Apolou audit and all other spot checks.
• Support to retrieve documents when required for auditing purposes with in the period.
• Confirm that all vouchers as per Micro Soft Dynamic Navigator listing exist on file and report otherwise
• Confirm that all Signatures have been indicated on the vouchers as required.
• Confirm that all vouchers are cancelled as required.
• Confirm that review checklists are attached on all vouchers.
• Photocopying and scanning all documents as required by the Finance department.
• Proper Filing of all documents as required by the policy.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
• Monthly report indicating the following.
• Archiving Index used.
• Checklist of all documents filled back to files in sequence.
• Monthly time sheet
• The Intern is required to fill a daily time sheet for the number of days worked in a month.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
Student of Higher institution of learning preferably Business studies and information management
Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.