Logistics and Warehouse Supervisor
Jobs at:JESA Farm Dairy
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JESA Farm Dairy is a leading dairy brand in Uganda founded in 1989 by the late Mr. James Mulwana. From its small beginnings producing only raw milk, JESA has grown to become a home grown, commercial success story and a flagship East African consumer brand. Today, the JESA brand, with its wide range of fresh, dairy products namely: fresh pasteurized milk, UHT Milk, Yoghurt, Butter, Fresh Cream and Cream Cheese; has come to symbolize great taste, high quality, and innovation.
A number of vacancies have been created due to expansion of company operations. This is therefore to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the required job specifications, skillset and experience to fill the following positions at JESA Farm Dairy.
JESA/HR/ED/04: LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (01 VACANCY)
Coordinate the fleet management, transportation of Jesa personnel, materials, finished and WIP products, milk and ensure good vehicle working condition. Supervise monitoring stock storage, movement, and ensure optimum levels are maintained as per Jesa policy.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Preparation of the transportation plan and schedule, including allocation of drivers to various transportation routes.
• Monitor the fleet movement and the fuel usage of various trucks in accordance with the set guidelines, and that vehicle movements are in line with the laws and regulations.
• Coordinate collection and delivery of Jesa materials, finished and WIP products to and from the company premises in line with laid out procedures.
• Coordinate transportation of JESA personnel to and from the company premises in line with laid out procedures.
• Comply with planned routine servicing, maintenance of the company’s vehicle in line with the set procedures.
• Maintain up to date records of vehicles movement, performance, and maintenance
• Prepare and submit regular reports on the conditions and performance of vehicles as required by the fleet management policy.
• Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities to prevent wastage, theft, and fraud.
• Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials and approve inventory transactions in a timely manner and approve inventory transactions in a timely manner.
• Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
• Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
• Monitor inventory levels daily of products or materials in warehouses to ensure optimum levels are maintained as well as track expiration dates of perishable inventory.
• Develop storage and distribution models that include factors such as warehouse locations, customer locations, or available transportation modes to maximize operational efficiency or sustainability.
• Track and trace goods while they are enroute to their destinations, expediting orders when necessary.
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
• Evaluate locations for new warehouses or distribution networks to determine their potential usefulness.
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Supervise spot, monthly and end year inventory count as well as reconciliation of inventory and ensure variances are explained.
• Ensure all transactions are processed through AP including timely Goods Received Note’s (GRN)
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or a related field from an internationally recognized institution.
A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
Core Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good knowledge of the dairy industry
• Problem Solving
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) only (NO ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS) in one file and indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB Saturday 02nd October 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.