Jobs at:Strong Minds
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the leadership of the IT & Operations Manager, the Logistics Officer is responsible for taking lead in the management of the SMU procurement and disposal function, Facilities management, Assets management, day to day Security management and reporting.
Logistics Officer will be based in Kampala with 30% travel to SMU field Offices and reporting to IT & Operations Manager
Specific Tasks: (Key Areas of Accountability)
Ensure that goods & services required by SMU are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assist SMU departments in determining their procurement needs and preparing proper specifications for what is to be procured.
• Assist in Identifying sources of supply for the procurement of items and services required and place orders, as necessary.
• Ensure that procurement requests are processed efficiently and effectively, ensuring value for money.
• Follow up orders placed with suppliers to expedite the delivery of the required items or services.
• Monitor the departmental procurement plans and advising the user departments when to raise purchase requisitions
• Respond to suppliers inquiries on the status of procurement process
• Receive all the bids and ensure that they are kept safely, participate in the bids analysis process and ensure that Suppliers purchase orders are raised and issued on time.
• Assist the administration and user departments to assess the suitability of the goods and services to be procured or that have been procured and their conformity to specifications and standards.
• Ensure that the procurement process is carried out in accordance with the appropriate policies, regulations and procedures and in a timely fashion.
• Ensure all staff engaging in procurement activities understand and apply the rules and regulations.
• Prepare and submit periodic reports to the IT & Operations Manager on procurement activities. Write reports on procurement status updates according to planned procurements in line with departmental budgets.
Supervise the process of receiving all invoices from suppliers, ensure proper record keeping and ensure that all delivered items are as per the LPO to prevent loss to SMU.
• To carefully check and match all suppliers’ invoices with Purchase orders before forwarding them to Finance department for payment.
• To work closely with stores during delivery of goods and services to ascertain those goods delivered reflect the order issued to the supplier.
• Ensure proper record keeping of all Procurement records for accountability and audit purposes.
• To work closely with stores section during delivery of all assets to ensure that they all engraved and marked before issued to user departments.
Participate in conducting the prequalification exercise of suppliers’ , service providers & contractors as well as maintain a data base that will ensure capable and legitimate suppliers are selected to supply quality goods & services at a fair price to SMU – Value for Money.
• Conduct market surveys to identify potential service providers & contractors for supply of required goods and services.
• Draft appropriate terms of Reference (TOR), Request for Quotations and Proposals, Bidding documents for suppliers to be reviewed by the Procurement Committee.
• Ensure that SMU suppliers, service providers & contractors are well managed which will create good relationship and hence better performance as well as good public image for the organisation.
• Ensure that the database on the existing and potential sources for procurement of the items and services required by SMU is up-to- date.
Security Management (10%)
• Ensure that all staff understand the country-wide security plan and agree to abide by its policies and procedures.
• Monitor the security environment and adjust security policies and procedures accordingly.
Facilities Management (20%)
• Oversee the overall maintenance of the office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized
• Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
• Ensure that internal and external communications systems function effectively and efficiently
• Ensure adequate insurance cover and keep up to date with suitability and types of cover available
• Oversee the annual preparation of the renewal of licenses and permits
• Support field office facilities management
Stock/Asset Management (20%):
• In collaboration with the IT & Operations Manager and the Country Finance Lead, , ensure Assets and inventory records management are done in an accurate and timely manner
• Quarterly Assets inventory and stock taking of all assets and inventories at SMU country and field offices.
• Participate in the disposal process of SMU Assets; write reports and advise all stakeholders on disposal activities.
• Prepare reports on the quantity of the available assets to be disposed off and their working conditions status to guide the disposal process.
Competencies (Education, Experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours)
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration, Accounting or any other business-related field;
• Post graduate Diploma in Procurement & supply management would be an advantage
• Membership of CIPS is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply chain management in a fairly large organization, preferably donor funded.
• Knowledge of Procurement Planning, Budgeting, and Contract management.
• Prior experience in supplier management and relationships, formulation of service agreements and framework contracts.
• Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations especially in procurement, and preferably in transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications and security.
• Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to synthesize and analyse information and make clear informed decisions.
• Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English.
• Knowledge of how to operate in a remote working environment is an advantage
• Adhere to safeguarding/CP Policy, SMU Code of conduct and other SMU policies
The Logistics Officer will be required to model StrongMinds core Values below.
● We are people-focused.
● We think big and act fast.
● We are data-driven.
● We do what we say and say what we do.
● We believe in collaboration, not competition.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Procedure: Please apply online using the tab below (Apply) by submitting the following information as one document:
a) cover letter;
b) CV indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors. Deadline for submission is 11th August, 2021; 5.00 pm. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered. Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted by 30th August, 2021.
Apply at: https://strongminds1.recruitee.com/o/logistics-officer/c/new
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.