Jobs at:CURE Children’s Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title : Medical Radiographer
Reports Directly to : Clinical Services Supervisor
Staff Reporting to Position : None
Duration : Fixed term (1-year renewable)
Department : Medical Services
Review Date : July 1, 2020
To support the medical or surgical team, in the initial patient evaluation and testing, by capturing high-quality images for evidentiary data for all Imaging, diagnostic modalities, quality procedures, and controls and for patient management.
Key Result Areas Activities
Operate the X-ray, Ultrasound, and CT Scan machine
Carry out x-rays, ultrasounds, and CT Scans as per physician orders, and seeks the Radiologist for technical review of findings and report writing when necessary
• Teaches others when requested the proper aspects of imaging studies
• Participates in CME activities as may be organized in and outside of the hospital Stock management function
• Proper storage of X-ray, Ultrasound, CT Scan film, and record maintenance
• Requisitions for supplies necessary for x-ray, ultrasound, and CT Scan work, and keeps a record of their inventory and use.
• Ultrasound, CT Scan), including managing the supplies and maintenance of machinery associated with X-ray, Ultrasound, and CT Scan films as well as their development and equipment
• Adheres to CHU and Ministry of Health standards of patient care, treatment protocols, and documentation
• Adheres to standards of performance for interaction with other units (within and without the hospital)
• Communicates effectively with all other staff to ensure successful patient care from every discipline within the facility
• Performs on-call and emergency duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Reports any malfunction of equipment to the Supervisor as soon as possible.
Maintenance of machinery associated with X-ray, Ultrasound, and CT Scan films as well as their development and equipment.
Spiritual Ministry participation
Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
Occupational Health & Safety function
• To have a policy to help safeguard the principle of as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP), the health and safety of all persons who may be exposed to ionizing radiation.
• Ensure that CURE hospital restricts exposures to radiation.
• Ensure, that everyone working with ionizing radiation sources have a duty in law to protect themselves and others from the hazards from their work. It’s essential for everyone to be familiar with his /her responsibilities as required in the regulations as contained in these local rules.
• Ensure, that women of reproductive capacity have a special responsibility in that they must immediately inform either their administrative superior or the head of the unit as soon as they know that they are pregnant so that steps can be taken to ensure that the dose to the fetus does not exceed the maximum permissible level.
• As a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for CURE hospital, you are responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the regulations contained in the radiation safety rules are fully observed.
• You will be the first contact for queries related to radiation protection.
• You are to ensure that Radiology staff must read, sign and agree to act in accordance with the rules stated herein.
• All staff members are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves, other staff members, or customers.
• Following & complying with H&S policies, processes & applying them to their own work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
• Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
• Any other official duties
• Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
• A completed diploma or degree in radiography from a recognized institution
• 1 to 3 years experience in operating x-ray, ultrasound, and CT Scan technician functions
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professional’s Council
• Must possess or have a willingness to learn computer skills
• Good communication skills with peers, superiors, physicians, patients, and their families
• Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and procedures as are added to the Imaging section from time to time
• Ability to handle or process confidential documents or material in an appropriate manner
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and proceed with objectives without supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file to include: cover letter, resume, salary history, and a current practicing License with the Allied Health Professionals Council, and references to the Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 903, Mbale, or e-mail to email@example.com or Hand deliver to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is August 13, 2021, 5:00 pm
These positions are full-time and based in Mbale.
• CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviews, reference verification, appointment, training, or any other fees).
• CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondences or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.