Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Jobs at:Strong Minds
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
StrongMinds ( www.strongminds.org ) treats depression among women of all ages in Africa, where access to mental health treatment is extremely limited. To date, StrongMinds has treated more than 80,000 women with depression in Uganda and Zambia. We are the only organization scaling a solution to depression in Africa with a potential to serve millions in the next ten years.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M & E Coordinator) will based in Kampala and reporting to Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Director (MEL Director).
Under the overall direction of the MEL Director, the M & E Coordinator will work with the SMU team to support implementation of the SMU M&E systems. This includes working closely with programme technical staff in ensuring collection, analysis and dissemination of information to track project progress at SMU. The M&E Coordinator will support organization performance management and evaluation.
Specific Tasks: (Key Areas of Accountability)
Ensure functioning of M&E systems as per the SMU M&E approach
• Monitoring projects against program quality benchmarks
• Provide technical assistance for internal/external evaluations;
• Enable organizational learning through generation and archiving findings of the M&E systems
• Support compilation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and cycle reports for SMU
System Design and Promoting M&E
• Promote all aspects of M&E to support the creation of an organizational culture which prioritizes quality programming, including alignment with SMU Programme Quality Framework and the SMU M&E Framework.
• Build strong relationships with colleagues and provide support as required to ensure the M&E system is understood and supported at country office level.
• Develop and maintain the organizational M&E framework in line with SMU and ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries. The M&E Framework should include robust quality assurance systems, rigorous complaints and response mechanisms, and effective learning methods.
• Support technical staff to design tools for monitoring and evaluation of project activities as agreed in the M&E framework.
• Ensures establishment of key indicators for each sector and tracking of data across projects to establish the broader impact on depressed clients.
• Work closely with the programs team to collaboratively support the functioning of an independent M&E system to track project implementation leading to enhanced quality, accountability, management and impact, including feeding into new proposal development and sharing lessons learned.
• Set up and maintain systems to manage complex information generated by M&E activities, such as complaints databases and qualitative outcome monitoring data systems. Conduct statistical and qualitative data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform programme management at all levels of management.. Seek solutions for more complex data management requirements by working with IT colleagues, leading development of databases etc.
• Support planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations (real time, evaluations of programs). Participate in external evaluations where required.
• Design and implementation of accountability mechanisms at field level, such as complaints response mechanisms – working on community assessment, design, implementation, review etc.
Programme Design and M&E Resources
• Work with the program team to support programs in their development of sector frameworks. Contribute to development of programme plan/strategy.
• Support to ensure that M&E is an integral part of the programme design stage and features in all proposal development.
• Support logframe development, drafting narrative M&E sections, and review to ensure M&E activities and costs are adequately covered. Develop standard guidance for incorporation of M&E costs into proposals in specific responses
Promoting Learning for Strategy Development and Decision Making
• Consolidate information and findings from different departments into the Lessons Learned database, which allows analysis of impact and promotion of learning and strategy development for the whole organization.
• Provide technical support, including formation of TOR and selection of consultants, for evaluations and provide technical review of progress and final reports. Synthesize this information to improve organizational performance and impact for depressed clients.
• Support the program team to analyze progress against organizational objectives and strategies.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
Conduct M&E training and awareness raising activities for operations and programme technical staff regarding M&E priorities and quality standards
Competencies (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour)
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in statistics, public health, epidemiology, demography or any other relevant qualification.
• At least 8 years’ experience in providing technical assistance in the monitoring and evaluation of health development programs/ projects using community-based approaches in an NGO setting.
• Post Graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research, Public Health, Health Sciences and or Statistical social research. Project Planning and Management, Monitoring & Evaluation are added advantages.
• Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative assessment and evaluation design, implementation and analysis techniques for development programs is essential.
• Able to communicate complex ideas and analysis in lay person terms.
• Proven experience in global health with in-depth knowledge of depression or and/or health systems strengthening.
• Prior experience in setting up and managing health programme M&E systems
• Ability to effectively work in teams and embrace participatory approaches; Capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment on multiple tasks; Takes pride in the quality and integrity of his or her work; Demonstrable results oriented, flexible and problem solving skills;
• Knowledge and ability to use appropriate statistical software packages is a MUST for this position.
• Adhere to the Child protection/ safeguarding policy and code of conduct.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Procedure: Please apply online using the tab (Apply) below by submitting the following information as one document: a) cover letter; b) CV indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors. Deadline for submission is 11th August, 2021; 5.00 pm. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered. Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted by 30th August, 2021.
Apply at: https://strongminds1.recruitee.com/o/monitoring-and-evaluation-coordinator/c/new
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.