Jobs at:Electoral Commission
Deadline of this Job:
04 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Electoral Commission established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified citizens to fill the following vacant positions within its establishment
Presiding Officer (one per Polling Station)
Polling Assistant (five per Polling Station)
The job adverts and application forms can also be accessed on the Electoral Commission website www.ec.org .
VACANCY: Polling Assistant
Duty station: All Polling Stations countrywide
Reports to: Presiding Officer
Tenure: Appointed Polling Days
Allowance: Shs.40,000/- per polling day
To assist in conducting the four (4) major categories of elections, on polling day. The major categories of elections are:
Duties of Polling Assistants:
• Reports to the Presiding Officer
• Verification of Voters using the Biometric voter verification kit and or hard copy of the voters register;
• Issuance of ballot papers to the voters;
• Marking/dipping the finger of a voter after casting the ballot;
• Assisting the Presiding Officer to fill election forms at the start and closure of polling:
• Assisting the Presiding Officer in management of the polling station; Any other duties as assigned;
Qualifications, skills and person specification:
• Possession of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent.
• Should have high moral character and proven integrity.
• Preferably a resident of the area where the polling station is located for at least one (1) year.
• Must be a registered voter.
• Experience in elections related work is an added advantage.
• Age limit: 18 years and above
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants should fill in a job application form showing their day time telephone number(s), addresses which should be completed and sent to the respective District Registrar where the applicant may wish to work, in any case not later than Friday, 4th December, 2020.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words 'Application for the post of.......
• Applicants must possess a telephone number registered on mobile money in their own names as they appear on their National Identity Cards (IDs) to facilitate payment by e-cash.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• The Electoral Commission is an equal opportunity employer, therefore, females and persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.