Procurement and Administration Coordinator
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
06 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Uganda (PIU) is in the final stages of securing funding from the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) of the Kingdom of Belgium, through Plan International’s Belgium National Office (BNO) to implement a project aimed at building resilience and protection of children, adolescents and youth living in refugee settlements, IDSs (Internally Displaced Settlements) and vulnerable communities. The project location is in Bidi Bidi refugee settlement (and some surrounding host communities) in Yumbe district in West Nile, Uganda.
The Procurement and Administration Coordinator will Implement and support all administration and Procurement processes of acquisition of services, works, supplies or goods at PLAN Uganda PU Office effectively ensuring compliance with PLAN policies, procedures and systems as defined by PLAN Uganda and Operations Manual.
Dimensions of the Role
Procurement Officer in the scope of this role includes:
• Technical processes across procurement planning, procurement executions in the program area.
• Process performance analysis, monitoring and reporting
• Systems application, compliance and adherence
• Prepare bid documents and coordinate the receipt of bids, bid evaluation, and award ensuring value for money following standard procurement guidelines and Plan policies.
• Review request for goods/services for completeness and approvals and write orders in the line of responsibility before executing the procurement process at PA level.
• In liaison with the CAM, participates in vendor prequalification at PA level.
• Member of the PAT.
• Maintain updated records related to procurement function at the PA to include vendor contract files, framework agreement files with service providers.
• Review, consolidate and circulate the weekly procurement progress report. Follow up feedback coming from staff in respect to the progress of their procurement requests.
• Office Management & administration including repairs and maintenance.
• General office administration for proper and efficient space allocation and utilization, following up and addressing grievances raised by staff concerning staff hygiene, welfare, safety and security
• Observes PLAN Uganda assets/property policy inclusive of asset register updating, reporting, asset movement.
• Supervision of the external office cleaning company, security and the Administration Assistant.
Child Protection and Gender Equality & Inclusion
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
• Honesty and integrity
• A degree in supply chain management, business management and administration or related field with 3 years of practical experience in similar position most of which should preferably be from within the humanitarian/NGO sector
• Strong technical background in procurement activities within the NGO or business sector with significant experience in leading supply chains across multiple sites
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to report and demonstrate on performance
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable facilitating meetings and bringing people together
• Able to manage competing priorities
• Ability to challenge the status quo and give clear direction
• Strong IT skills, including Excel and integrated resources management (ERP) software (SAP, Microsoft Dynamics…)
• Knowledge and experience of project management
• Knowledge on donor rules and regulations
• Open and accountable
• Promotes a culture and working environment aligned to plans values and behaviours including anti bullying and harassment
• Experience in international supply chains and custom regulations would be an advantage
• Experience in international supply chains and custom regulations would be an advantage
• A professional qualification and membership of recognized purchasing and supplies institution.
• Experience of working in ERP based systems and environment
• Experience of working in large scale/fast moving emergency responses would be an advantage
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required solving them
• Ensuring consistency of operations Manual compliance in relation to Uganda procurements and emergency response programme requirements.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
CO General Services Manager, General Services Staff-, Team Leads, Finance Staff, Community Development Facilitator
• Suppliers and services providers
• Other INGOs and UN agencies and relevant cluster
Leadership and Business Management Competencies
• Set and communicate ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International's purpose.
• Set high standards for self and others' behavior, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
• Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
• Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
• Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
• Motivate and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them utilize their potential.
• Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
Business Management Competencies
• Understand relevant sectorial context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan's purpose, values, and global strategy
• Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
• Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organizing, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
• Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
• Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
• Previous experience leading procurement and logistics for a large enterprise (group) with a centralized management system
• Good knowledge on procurement and logistics best practice embedding value for money approaches to ensure an effective procurement chain in management of the mandate of the department.
• Experience managing large relationships in local market context
• Ability to maintain data bases to provide information to decision making processes
• Demonstrate understanding for driving the right efficiencies and effectiveness in processes while maximizing value for money
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Ability to work well with management and staff at all level
• A good record of success in Implementing good risk identification and mitigation approaches in a large organisation
• The applicant must hold a University degree in Procurement and Logistics Management with Professional Qualifications (e.g. CIPS)
• Bachelors ‘Degree in Business Administration/ Procurement, with 3-5 years of experience in a busy NGO.
• The applicant must hold a University degree in Procurement and Logistics Management with Professional Qualifications (e.g. CIPS).
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
• We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives
• National role with frequent visits to field locations
Level of contact with children
• Medium: Occasional interaction with children
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.