Jobs at:Bantwana Initiative of World Education (WEI/Bantwana)
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Senior Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc. is a recognized leader in delivering integrated comprehensive interventions to improve HIV outcomes and the quality of life for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and poverty.
The USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (USAID ICYD Activity) aims to improve learning outcomes, advance HIV epidemic control in Uganda, and ensure that children and youth have the opportunity to lead resilient, healthy and productive lives. The USAID ICYD Activity will deliver critical HIV/GBV/violence prevention and response services to children and youth and their families in communities, clinics, and schools. Within USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance Framework, USAID ICYD Activity will build the operational and technical capacity of four Ugandan Primary Local Partner (PLP) organizations to become direct recipients of USG funding within two years while strengthening government capacity to deliver core services to children within an integrated referral network and case management system. WEI/Bantwana is a leader in OVC programming and organizational capacity development in high HIV prevalence countries in southern and eastern Africa.
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education (WEI/Bantwana) seeks a qualified candidate for the role of Procurement Manager based in Uganda for its USAID ICYD Activity. The Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring that the project complies with all regulatory requirements (including but not limited to USAID Rules & Regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulation [FAR] and USAID Acquisition Regulation [AIDAR]) as well as World Education/Bantwana policies in each matter of procurement as well as serve as a resource on procurement-related acquisitions and activities. S/he will ensure that the project consistently and correctly implements sound procurement processes from preparing solicitation documentation and evaluating proposals, to selecting suppliers and creating contractual documents. S/he will collaborate with the members of the Senior Management Team and work closely with Finance Director, Senior Finance Manager, the finance team and partners to implement approaches and procedures and address issues. The Procurement Manager will report to the Senior Finance and Operations Manager. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key Result Areas:
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
● Determine the most reasonable, fair and expeditious procurement alternative for the project
● Manage and review documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment, and services, and ensures compliance with all polices (USAID, WEI, etc.).
● Assures suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
● Work with local, regional, and international vendors and service providers to procure commodities and services, inspect/accept goods, verify services and monitor the use of the goods and services;
● Provide advice and assistance relating to procurement activities, contractual documents, and procurement issues;
● Develop and update department procedures, tools, and trainings for procurement-related activities;
● Identify the critical areas of focus and improvement. This is by holding for deliberations with senior managers to understand the strategy for the ICYD Activity.
● Compile final procurement plan and manage procurement needs as needed.
● Demonstrate strong leadership and managerial competencies, including integrity, accountability, communication skills, and commitment to teamwork.
● Ensures all invoices are audit-ready and compliant with USAID and WEI regulations.
● Maintain a complete record of contracts for goods and services.
● Coordinate vendor prequalification process annually.
● Conduct procurement research and provide guidance and direction by presenting available procurement options.
● Must have at least 5 years of USAID procurement management experience;
● Knowledge of US federal agency and/or international donor procurement procedures;
● Must have demonstrated the ability to solve difficult procurement problems and issues;
● Must be familiar with grant management tracking systems;
● Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
● Strong analytical skills, ability to work under pressure, and solve complex problems
● Fluency in English required;
● Minimum of a Bachelor‘s degree is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must be based and have a valid work permit to work in Uganda. Qualified applicants should submit their CV and supporting materials to BantwanaICYD@ug.worlded.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line by 3rd September 2021 or a rolling basis until the position is being filled.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.