Project Controls Manager
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions.
JOB PURPOSE: Monitor and maintain control of technical, cost and schedule performance of UNOC’s commercial interests
• Lead all Project Controls activities such as Cost, Planning & Scheduling and Estimating for UNOC’s operated and non-operated assets.
• Develop Project Control best practices, key performance indicators, risk management and change control processes and operating procedures for UNOC’s assets.
• Provide direction and expertise to project controls-related activities for UNOC’s Projects in support of the planning and execution.
• Interface and coordinate with UNOC’s subsidiaries (NPC & URHC) and Corporate Functions in delivery of all project controls activities and ensuring project integration across the value chain.
• Coordinate engagements with various project stakeholders such as project progress review meetings and Service Quality Meetings (SQMs).
• Manage, mentor and coordinate a Project Controls team to monitor, analyze, and report on progress, cost and schedule variances, and forecasts and other Project Controls activities.
• Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Business Development and Project Integration to ensure UNOC’s Project Management processes are fully integrated within UNOC’s decision making processes.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Finance, Quantity Surveying or any relevant discipline.
• Master’s Degree in either Engineering, Finance, Project Management or any relevant discipline is a requirement.
• Must have at least 8 years relevant working experience in Project Controls activities including leading teams and/or handling EPC/EPCM projects.
• Experience in the oil & gas sector and/or global energy markets is an added advantage.
• Strong competencies in the use of Microsoft Projects and Primavera.
• Should be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation and leadership skills. Have excellent communication and personnel management skills and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA