Project Management Officer
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019.
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Project Controls Manager.
JOB PURPOSE: Drive the adoption of Project Controls Management Standards across UNOC’s portfolio
• Support the Project Controls Manager in defining, maintaining and/or updating Project Management processes, standards and governance.
• Implement governance standards across UNOC’s portfolio including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of projects within the project lifecycle.
• Manage project-level risks and issues registers, carry out assurance review procedures as required and liaise with UNOC’s Corporate Functions and subsidiaries to ensure that standards are implemented consistently across the Company.
• Build a repository of project templates to support the management of UNOC’s portfolio and develop best practice.
• Support the adoption UNOC’s Project Controls Management Standards (PCMS) across UNOC’s portfolio.
• Develop and coordinate regular project level reporting cycles with respect to portfolio management.
• Perform other Project Management and Business Process activities as may be required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
• Master’s Degree in either Business Administration, Project Management or any relevant discipline is an added advantage.
• Must have at least 3 years working experience in financial services, energy or financial regulation, management consulting, auditing, project management or any relevant industry.
• Experience in the oil & gas sector and/or global energy markets is an added advantage.
• Proficiency with MS Office required, including excellent MS Excel knowledge.
• A dynamic self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Have excellent communication and personnel management skills and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure, with various levels of management and as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA