Jobs at:Child Rights Empowerment and Development Organisation ( CEDO )
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CEDO Uganda is a child focused not for profit development organization established in 1992. The organization is dedicated to supporting vulnerable children and their families. Over years, the Organization has focused mainly on child rights protection and advocacy, promoting the right to education to the most disadvantaged children, the right to food and good health. CEDO has also engaged in promoting civic rights and good governance and promoting rights of women and other underprivileged groups.
CEDO has been implementing the Tugende-Tutandike Program targeting vulnerable children and their caregivers in three (3) Sub-Counties of Masindi District; i.e. Budongo, Karujubu, and Pakanyi and Koch Goma sub county in Nwoya district The program undertakes to challenge underlying causes of poverty at a household level by empowering the most at risk populations through knowledge, appreciating their rights and promotion of other sources of income to improve livelihoods.
CEDO is therefore seeking to hire services of a Project Officer and 03 Sub County Based Community Based Trainers with the requisite qualifications as listed below. The successful Project Officer Applicant shall be based in Masindi, but with frequent travels to Nwoya District, while Community Based Trainers shall located at Masindi Field Office but with direct support to sub county based activities.
POSITION: Project Officer
Vacancy Location: (Masindi) (Uganda)
Category: Middle Level Management
Position: Project Officer (01)
Report to: Head of Programs
Location: Masindi District, with frequent travel to Nwoya in Northern Uganda. .
• Be the focal point and responsible for all deliverables of the project;
• Planning, implementation and monitoring of project intervention strategies amongst the target population in the program area; as defined by the Activity/Deliverable Descriptions
• Ensuring that the project office staff is performing their functions in timely and efficient manner, directing and motivating the project team;
• Ensuring that applicable CEDO policies, rules and regulations are met during the implementation of the project;
• Ensuring proper use and maintenance of project equipment and office records and any other documentation by the project personnel;
• Hold regular team meetings to track implementation progress and share relevant program and administrative data;
• Provide coaching, direction, and leadership support to project team members to achieve results;
• Manage the project annual budgets, and ensure spending rates are on target;
• Produce monthly, quarterly and annual project reports for both internal and external consumption;
• Ensure project’s annual institutional milestones are achieved;
• Overall coordination and quality monitoring of team’s input and work content;
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all relevant partners and stakeholders
• Ensure information is shared and flows transparently within the organization
• Work with management team to identify technical assistance needs;
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with local and National Networks and partners relevant to project deliverables;
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, including government departments, private sector companies, business associations, and civil society organizations involved in work related to the project;
• Represent CEDO at internal and external functions where appropriate;
• Understand, respect and promote CEDO’s values, vision, and strategy in the implementation of assigned duties.
• University degree in AGRICULTURE, AGRIBUSINESS, EDUCATION OR SOCIAL SCIENCES
• Should have at least 2-3 years of experience working in a similar position
• Very good program report writing skills as well as analytical capacities
• Strong experience in organizing and conducting training and capacity building
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases, with hands-on experience in the use of software is required, and a Class A Driving Permit.
Job Education: University degree
Job Experience: 2-3 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested and meet the requirements for any of the above positions, please apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line and on the Application Letter. Hand delivered applications SHALL NOT be accepted. Any form of conversing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. Send ONLY your Application Letter and CV, with names and telephone contacts of three professional referees
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.