Jobs at:Aga Khan Foundation (AKF )
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting Unit/Supervisor : Country Finance Manager
Location : Kampala, Uganda
For nearly 50 years, AKF has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The Foundation is looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with AKF’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). .
• Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors
• Assist in implementation of finance/ grant policies and procedures in the country
• Ensure proper coding and recording of financial transactions into the Financial Information System (Business Dynamics)
• Review of Field finance data files for accuracy, completeness and correctness of descriptions, amounts and coding
• Reviewing completeness of documentation in all financial processes to ensure quality and consistency with AKF and donor policies and procedures
• Review all the payment requests and ensure compliance and completeness of supporting documents before payments are made and ensuring timely payments
• Preparation and management of the country’s payroll
• Preparation of monthly schedules to support in monthly management reporting.
• Provide support to both external and internal audit processes that are undertaken at the country office
• Cash management including tracking of funding requests, providing cash flow analysis while monitoring cash balances and preparation of bank reconciliations
• Ensure compliance to statutory requirements as well as applicable tax requirements
• Monitor and follow up Diplomatic VAT refunds
• Participate and support in the annual budget cycle as well as donor budgeting during proposal development.
• Ensure that assets are adequately recorded, monitored, and disposed of in the most efficient and effective manner, in order to minimize risk of loss, mismanagement and increased cost of maintenance
• Flag issues of concerns/financial nature on the programme to the Country Finance Manager for assistance, guidance or resolutions
• Regularly mentor project staff to build their capacities on financial management and accountability to enable the team in applying such support services as integral components, as they execute their roles and responsibilities
• Assist with other functions as may be requested by the Country Finance Manager
• Maintain financial files and records
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ degree in Finance and Accounting or other relevant field
• Full professional qualification ACCA / CPA
• At least five (5) years accounts, audit experience in a firm; or
• At least five (5) years’ accounts/finance experience working with international organizations and/or Non-Governmental Organizations which are multi funded
• Proficiency in using FIS, iscala / business dynamics. Knowledge of business Dynamics will be an added advantage
• Understanding of budget and cost control management essential
• Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools
• Strong report writing skills
Job Education: Bachelors’ degree in Finance and Accounting
Job Experience: At least five (5) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by August 20, 2020 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Accountant in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
"AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.”
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network ( www.akdn.org )
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.