Jobs at:Marie Stopes
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Date Posted: Friday, April 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Marie Stopes Hospital
Reporting to : Clinical Services Lead
• Reporting to the Clinical Services Lead, the purpose of this role is to always make the theatre ready for operation. To maintain a clean, safe and sterile environment before, during, and after surgery. To observe theatre principles and techniques at all times. To perform towards the provision of quality theatre services.To assist the surgeon during the operation and provide basic care of the recovering patient. He / she shall work under the supervision of the surgeon and the Clinical Services Lead. .
• Cleaning and organizing the operating theatre before and after the operation.
• Cleaning and sterilizing all surgical instruments, linen and equipment for the operation
• Keeping enough stock of the supplies and equipment needed for operations.
• Arranging all surgical instruments and equipment in an accessible, organized manner for easy use during the operation
• Preparing instruments and equipment appropriate and relevant for the procedure
• Taking and handing- over patient from and to the ward/unit nurse/midwife before and after the procedure
• Verifying patient information and confirming the procedure before it is performed.
• Helping surgeons, anaesthetist, and other members of the surgical team get properly scrubbed and dressed up for the operation.
• Assisting the surgeon with basic medical functions during the operation, such as applying clamps, cutting sutures, or dressing wounds
• Preparing and sending patient’s specimens for laboratory analysis
• Implementing the hospital and theatre protocols and guidelines
• Making wish lists for required theatre sundries, equipment, medicines and other hospital supplies
• Utilizing theatre sundries, equipment, medicines and other hospital supplies efficiently
• Accounting for the theatre sundries, equipment, medicines and other hospital supplies
• Coaching and mentoring the theatre team in theatre principles and techniques
• Preparing and submitting timely periodic reports.
• Ensuring a 24-hour duty coverage for theatre
• Carrying out any other duty as delegated by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages.
• Experience and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level (previous outreach experience preferred)
• Experience working as part of a highly functioning team.
• Excellent record keeping and time management.
• Attention for detail.
• Proven skills in problem solving and effective conflict resolution
• Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
• Demonstrable ability to offer standardized theatre care
• Adherence to ethical code of conduct and integrity
• Good public relations and customer care
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate theatre activities.
• Good management of human and material resources
• Demonstrable ability to coordinate theatre activities to nurses/midwives/ surgeons/ anaesthetist and other support staff
• Demonstrable experience in infection control and prevention
• Safe disposal of theatre and other medical wastes
• Ability to ensure patient safety, privacy and confidentiality
• Demonstrable experience in emergency preparedness and care
• Demonstrable experience in managing health care data and report writing in a busy environment.
• Good data analytical skills including database administration, web-based and mobile-based application programming.
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
• Excellent oral and writing abilities.
• Good team player.
• Good planner
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Ugandan certificate of education with passes in science subjects
• Operating theatre experience in a recognized health institution of over 3 years
• Certificate in operating theatre technique or Nursing is an added advantage
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning.
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision, and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change
Openness to embracing change within the organization and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximize potential
• Team Player
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.