12 Community VMMC Counselors
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program ( is a collaborative bio medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the district s of South central Uganda. .
Community VMMC Counselor will offer HIV/AIDS counseling to clients and carry out pre and Post HIV test counselling. VMMC Counsellor will also offer health education and support VMMC related training. VMMC Counsellor will work with the VHTs/mobilisers in the community for client mobilization and MOH staff to ensure that implementation of the VMMC program at SMC site is efficiently executed.
• To provide HIV testing services to SMC clients
• To sensitize and mobilize potential SMC clients
• To provide follow up counselling to SMC clients who receive their HIV results
• To offer ongoing psychosocial support to clients attending SMC clinics
• To link HIV positive clients for care and treatment
• To counsel circumcised participants to avoid behavioral disinhibition
• To provide psychosocial support to spouses of the SMC participants
• To promote condom use and distribution
• To attend /to refer SMC clients who may need medical attention
• Seeking informed consent from potential clients for circumcision
• Handling and accounting for circumcision finances and logistics
• Ensuring security and proper utilization of logistics according to inventory lists
Job Skills: Not Specified
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in SWASA or Community Psychology or Guidance and counseling or Diploma in HIV Counselling or Certificate in HIV counselling.
• Certificate in Male Circumcision counselling will be an added advantage
• At least 1-year experience in HIV counseling in a busy clinical setting
• Mentorship, Counseling, and Communication skills
• Must be willing to travel and provide care services at selected health facilities and outreaches
• Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can present their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with contacts and emails of 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications /certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for Submission: Close of business 5:00pm, Friday, 4th September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.