18 Community VMMC Circumcisers/ Surgeons
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program ( is a collaborative bio medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the district s of South central Uganda. .
Community VMMC circumcisers surgeons will supervise circumcision activities at static site and mobile VMMC camps in the field. They will work
with the VHTs/Mobilisers in the community to support client mobilization and MOH staff to
ensure that implementation of the VMMC program at SMC site is efficiently executed.
Community VMMC circumcizor/surgeons may also ma nage logistics and camp finances at VMMC site
• Offering circumcision to clients and management of follow up (48hrs, 3-7 days, 8-14 days, and above 14 days) and timely management of AEs
• Client mobilization and provision of health education
• Handling and accounting for circumcision site finances and logistics
• Ensuring security and proper utilization of logistics according to inventory lists
• Ensuring proper consenting processes.
• Ensuring proper client screening is done including client age 15 years and above
• Promoting and ensuring continuous quality improvement (CQI) in delivery of SMC services
• Prompt submission of reports using the standard reporting forms by end of every activity or month
• Ensuring infection control and that surgery is done in accordance to MOH guidelines and policies
• Ensuring proper data management at VMMC sites; filing of AEs, reports, client cards e.t.c.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or equivalent.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
• At least 1-year experience in providing VMMC services
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Certificate in Male Circumcision skills training will be an added advantage
• Ability to ride is an added advantageKNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be willing to work in rural settings
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can present their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with contacts and emails of 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications /certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for Submission: Close of business 5:00pm, Friday, 4th September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.