- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
3 Regional Credit Analysts
Jobs at:DFCU Bank
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Regional Credit Analyst – (3 Positions)
REPORTING TO: TEAM LEADER – PERSONAL & BUSINESS BANKING, CREDIT ANALYSIS
LOCATION: Gulu, Mbarara, Jinja
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Team Leader – Personal & Business Banking, Credit Analysis, the role holder will be responsible for developing and analysing medium to large fundable credit proposals through effective credit appraisals and due diligence processes so as to achieve quality portfolio growth. .
• Analyze and prepare credible credit proposals with the result of getting quick approval from the credit approval team and managing customer expectations.
• Propose appropriate structure and the financing need and pricing for the different credit applications and advise the Relationship Managers and customers accordingly to ensure that it meets set standards and complies with the credit policy.
• Timely submission of required documents to credit and legal departments to have fast turnaround time, compliance with internal controls as per credit approval criteria detailed in the Credit Policy and Operational Guidelines to avoid/minimize loss of revenue and prevention of frauds and forgeries.
• Make physical visits, inspect, and confirm the existence of the business for proposed credit facilities to ensure that customer business is in line with the bank’s acceptable credit risk appetite.
• Review existing credit facilities on an annual basis, make necessary propositions like renewals, restructures, to minimize arrears and avert likely NPA while ensuring customer retention, revenue stability and identifying new business.
• Maintain an annual credit review calendar and prompt Relationship Managers to obtain the necessary information for reviews of credit facilities.
• Review client’s compliance to set covenants and conditions at facility approval.
• Proper pricing of credit applications and reviews, ensure full collection of fees and commissions for growing the revenue line.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• A Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related course.
• Credit analysis and underwriting skills.
• 2 years working experience in credit analysis in banking industry or any related field.
• Advanced credit analysis skills – interpretation of financial information.
• Have a thorough understanding of bank products and general knowledge on current trends in the market.
• Quality underwriting skills.
• Forecasting and business modelling.
• Computer competence.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure no loss of efficiency.
• Good presentation and communication skills.
• Organized and efficient i.e. goal and task oriented to complete multiple priorities and with the dynamic demands of the different teams in Relationship Management, Credit Sanctioning, Disbursement, Legal etc.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with clients directly.
• Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses, and the bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
• Ability to identify new business /products on the market, opportunities, and threats in order to carry out a comprehensive credit analysis.
• Good interpersonal skills – ability to quickly build rapport with new people.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 6th August 2020 to the email address indicated below
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.