Jobs at:Kabale University
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The ICT Officer will be responsible to the Deputy Chief Graduate Training for providing technical support to the Directorate of Graduate Training in all aspects of information and communication technology. This will include managing and maintaining the Directorate's ICT infrastructure, providing user support and training, and ensuring the security and integrity of the Directorate's data.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Manage and maintain the Directorate's ICT infrastructure, including hardware, software, and network systems.
• Provide user support and training for staff and students on the use of ICT equipment and software.
• Ensure the security and integrity of the Directorate's data by implementing appropriate security measures and backup procedures.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments within the university to ensure the smooth operation of ICT services.
• Keep up to date with new developments in ICT and recommend improvements to the Directorate's systems and procedures.
• Manage the procurement and inventory of ICT equipment and supplies.
• Provide technical support for university events and activities as required.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Graduate Training.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Professional certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification.
• At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role in an academic environment.
• Experience in managing and maintaining a networked environment, including servers, switches, routers, and other network devices.
• Experience in providing technical support for users of ICT equipment and software.
• Experience in managing the procurement and inventory of ICT equipment and supplies.
Skills And Knowledge:
• Knowledge of current ICT trends and developments.
• Strong technical skills in hardware and software maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with staff and students at all levels.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and requirements.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit applications to the University through the following address not later than 2nd June 2023 at 5 pm.
PO Box 317, Kabale.
Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Applicants shall be subjected to background check.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.