Business Internal Systems Auditor (BISA)
Jobs at:Uganda Development Trust (UDET)
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Development Trust (UDET)
Applications are solicited from suitably qualified individuals to fill two vacant positions of a Business Development Officer (BDO) and a Business Internal Systems Auditor (BISA) available at UDET Head Office in Kampala.
UDET is a consulting firm that provides Business Development Services (BDS) directly to grassroots community groups and SMEs engaged in businesses that are aimed at improving the living economic conditions of marginalized people, creating gainful employment and sustainable market outlets for smallholder farmers in Uganda. Currently, UDET is the Strategic Partner of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) in Uganda.
Business Internal Systems Auditor (BISA)
Immediate Supervisor: Financial Monitoring and Training Officer (FM&TO)
The BISA will be attached to the USADF Program in Uganda and will carry-out regular financial audits of grantees' businesses. He/she will identify business and financial management gaps and address them is a timely manner. The scope and nature of these audits will vary significantly from client to client based on their needs and financial management skills. The BISA will be attached to the USADF Program and any other donor funded projects that UDET manages and will be responsible for the following duties:
Grantees Capacity Building Support
• Train grantees financial staff and board members in the USADF financial management, business accounting and reporting policies and help them to rectify financial management problems as and when they arise.
• Carry out regular financial management training needs assessment and train them to bridge existing financial skills gaps by providing tailor made technical advice and guidance to staff and group members. All trainings will be customized to meet actual training needs.
• Assist clients to identify new business opportunities and disseminate good business financial management practices to all members.
• Support grantees in the selection, installation, usage of the acquired accounting software to ensure full utilization of the application(s).
Monitor Grantees' Compliance to Financial Procedures and Policies:
• Asses how grantee businesses are complying to donor and GOU accounting regulations and policies, and financial management standards set by Boards and report and correct any short falls.
• Monitor the use of all donor funds and ensure full and accurate accountability by reviewing all supporting documents, expenditure journals and all books of accounts.
• Conduct financial investigations and audit on all grantees whenever fraud case arise.
Prepare Grantees for External Audits:
• Travel to all projects to monitor and audit businesses, utilization of project funds, review utilization of financial accounting software installed and ensure these are re properly utilized. Then develop financial solutions and apply them all the time to ensure compliance to set local and international accounting standards.
• Prepare clients to meet external financial audits by building their financial management capacities to better understand and appreciate the importance of keeping accurate financial records.
• Support Grantees to address and resolve all audit findings and queries in a timely manner.
• Review grantee's financial reports in line with set donor compliance guidelines ad standards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of each supported business
• Prepare field audit monitoring reports, share them with concerned Portfolio Managers and the FM&TO to work out appropriate remediation plans.
• Make appropriate recommendations to grantees to ensure they make continuous improvements in the financial management of their businesses.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting option) and for ACCA, CPA equivalent.
• Three years minimum professional working experience as an internal auditor, with community development related work experience.
• Knowledge of institutional capacity building of communitybased groups, demonstrated by accounting and financial management work experience with such groups.
• Knowledge of adult training skills with community groups to build financial management capacities of these grassroots groups.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate and manage budgets including maintenance of project accounts, report preparation and carry out reconciliations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in automated accounting software applications such as Pastel, Quick Books, Tally or any other software.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively to provide effective financial management skills and services to a broad spectrum of clients.
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English and 2 or more local languages spoken in Uganda.
• A driver's license and willingness to travel frequently to most rural areas in in Uganda.
To apply for this position, please include the following: -
• An application letter indicating interest, experience and qualifications for the position.
• A current CV with a full address and telephone contact.
• Three letters from professional referees
• Proof of having a Ugandan Nationality
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The salary for each of these positions is competitive and negotiable based on one's experience and past employment track record. Applications including all the requested information should be addressed to:
The Program Director
Uganda Development Trust
Plot 73, Kira Road
P.O. Box 7713, Kampala
Application Closing date: 11th August 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.