Child Protection Officer
Jobs at:The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Child Protection Officer
Requisition ID: req20316
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees and various institutions in the country, notably the government, community-based organizations (CBOs), civil society organizations (CBOs) and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health and nutrition, Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) support to persons with specific needs (PSNs) including case management, legal assistance to refugees, Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) prevention and response to gender-based violence, and economic recovery and development (ERD). The IRC has a country office in Kampala and field offices in Imvepi, Kyaka II, Lamwo, Moroto, Kiryandongo and Yumbe, as well as an urban office in Nsambya within Kampala.
The Child Protection Officer will be responsible for the implementation of child protection activities geared towards prevention and response to violence against children including case management, operationalization of safe healing and learning space, psychosocial support for children and their care givers in accordance to the minimum standards of child protection in Humanitarian Action and the IRC Child Protection Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively participate in the program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs for child wellbeing.
• Conduct comprehensive case management support to vulnerable children and their caregivers.
• Train staff, partners, volunteers and caregivers on child protection case management, safe healing and learning space, positive parenting and the IRC Child safeguarding policy.
• Establish and liaise closely with other partners and local leader in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
• Develop a multi-sectoral child protection network of information gathering relevant to child protection.
• Establish appropriate contact with local leaders & District Local Government, UN agencies, Office of the Prime Minister and other partner organizations.
• Work with the MEAL team to develop project monitoring and evaluation plan.
• Facilitate awareness creation and sensitization of communities and stakeholders on child protection issues and concerns.
• Support preparation of requisitions for appropriate project supplies in line with approved budget from time to time.
• Document success stories and lessons.
• Develop regular monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports.
• A bachelor’s degree in any Development discipline. Postgraduate training in any related discipline will be an added advantage.
• Should have a minimum of 2 years field experience in child protection case management programming.
• Experience in implementing Early Childhood Development and Child Friendly space program.
• Experience in forming community-based child protection structures.
• Ability to work flexibly independently and collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
• Ability to relate and work well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
• Should have proficient computer knowledge and experience in ms word, ms excel, other ms applications and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills with good command in both written and spoken English.
• Ability to work underpressure and adapt well to changing environments while remaining productive and focused.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please note: Deadline for receiving applications is October 8th 2021.
Apply at: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/20316/application?c=rescue&jobboardid=0#1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.