Human Resource Officer
Jobs at:Muni University
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Hand written or typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala liaison Office in Makarere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than 24thSeptember, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Job reference: Muni NEW ADVERT: REF/MU/ADM/41.1/2020
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Officer
Number of Posts (1 Post)
Salary Scale: (M6.1)
Responsible to: Senior Human Resource Officer Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months’ Probation
Purpose of the Job
To assist in managing, coordinating and enforcing the implementation of Human Resource policies of the University. .
• Provides support to the in the management of Human Resources.
• Assists in coordinating the recruitment, selection, induction and placement of staff.
• Initiates the preparation of the Human Resource Investment and Development Plan.
• Generates human resource information for the University.
• Attends to staff with special needs and ensures that they are provided with necessary facilities.
• Assists in the management of salaries, wages and benefits.
• Assists in projecting staffing needs for the University.
• Assists in the process of training and development of staff.
• Assists in the Process of Staff Performance Management.
• Assists in conducting exit interviews and issue of certificates of service to members of staff who retire.
• Human resource working documents prepared.
• Draft Human Resource Investment and Development Plan prepared.
• Staffing and establishment data generated and updated.
• A report produced based on the records of the exit interviews.
• An up to date monthly Payroll.
• Training reports generated.
• Staff Performance Management reports generated and filed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Organizational and Industrial Psychology or Organizational Development or Public Administration and Management (HR option) or MBA (HR option).
• Should have at least three (3) years’ experience in Human Resource Management in a Public or reputable organisation.
• Should have high integrity with excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Should have proven ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others through formal training and technical support
• Demonstrated Computer Literacy and Presentation skills.
• Should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Should have a high level of integrity.
Job Education: Master’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, Academic Documents, and three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents. Applicants for the position of a lecturer who are on a PhD truck must have defended their Doctoral Research proposals by the time of submitting the applications. (Attach evidence defense)
The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees. An applicant should not apply for more than two posts. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. For the post of Security Guard, an applicant who has served in the armed forces and has left service should attach his/her discharge letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.