Program Manager – Kampala
Jobs at:Finnish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FRC is an NGO promoting Adult Education and Community Development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to OPM and UNHCR.
FRC Country Program for 2022 – 2025 is consisting of various projects in relation to creating education opportunities through acquisition and use of functional and rights literacy – including financial literacy, language & life and business skills for adults, Improved economic opportunities and enhancing GVB protection, access to justice and inter- and intracommunity conflicts mediation.
FRC seeks to employ Ugandans for a position of:
Program Manager – Kampala, with travel to about 14 project locations.
The Program Manager supervises and guides directly 4-6 staff; Team Leaders and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The position is also acting as Project Manager to some of the projects.
Quality leadership, management and monitoring – 30 %
• Coordinate planning processes with project implementing staff to ensure integration of FRC principles and cross cutting objectives, proper understanding of project goals, objectives and results, and to include all key
• Provide lead and supervision ensuring that all planned activities, outputs and impacts are achieved within budget and time frame.
• In coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, support active monitoring and evaluation and make adjustments to improve quality and effectiveness.
• In coordination with HR and Administrative unit, ensure that agreements and protocols with all technical partners (OPM, UNHCR, local government, consortium partners, local partners etc.) are in place and fulfilled.
• Manage and provide support to project Team Leaders and field staff in planning and implementation of projects, ensuring adequate monitoring, reviewing of progress and beneficiary feedback, identifying corrective actions and capturing learning, and ensuring that learning is shared between projects.
• Facilitate submission of quality project reports on time, using agreed formats.
Program development and design – 30%
• In collaboration with Country Director (CD), provide strategic direction to FRC Uganda program and project planning, implementation and advance project integration and cooperation.
• Assist CD in identification of new donors and preparation of grant applications to secure resources for FRC Uganda program.
• Promote coordination and joint working between stakeholders and operational projects to ensure impact, influence and scale up within the FRC Uganda program.
Staff management and development, financial management – 30%
• Lead and manage implementing project staff in order to ensure clarity over strategy, plans and priorities.
• Provide supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective teamwork and inclusiveness through regular meetings and events to project team leaders and field staff.
• Create structured opportunities for learning among project implementing staff, ensuring internal and external evaluations and reviews are undertaken as appropriate. Ensure recommendations are implemented and learning is shared.
• Support and participate in project staff recruitment, induction, arrange in-house training and performance evaluation when applicable.
• Manage relationships and contracts with consultants and technical partners.
Partnerships, networking and advocacy – 10%
• In agreement with CD, develop and sustain relationships and effective communication with relevant
stakeholders, including local government, national networks and other agencies working with refugees in Uganda, or seeking joint funding.
• Identify & engage in relevant refugee work coordination mechanism as agreed by CD.
• Communicate with HR, Finance, Administration, Logistics and Information units to ensure that projects are well understood, and information is available for their work.
• Contribute, where appropriate, to advocacy and information work.
Academic Qualifications and competencies:
• Masters’ degree in Project / NGO Management / Development Studies / Adult Education.
• At least 8 year experience, of which 3 on managerial position in NGO setting.
• Proven experience in strategic planning and project management and design.
• Skills and experience in adult education, training and material development is a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Email Application by end of business on Tuesday 25th May 2021 to;
Include salary request + max. 4-page CV + contacts of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates!!
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.