Senior Petroleum Economist
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Commercial Manager.
JOB PURPOSE: Develop robust risk-based business and economic evaluations for existing Upstream activities and New Ventures to support and assist strategic decisions
• Undertake economic & financial modelling of existing Upstream licenses and New Ventures, as well as undertake sensitivity analysis to fully understand and implement value drivers that could significantly enhance project returns.
• Perform economic evaluations to assess project feasibility, carry out project risk analyses, identify business drivers and facilitate investment decision-making processes.
• Assist management in the formulation of position papers, strategic business development; including long and medium-term planning economics and analysis.
• Ensure effective and robust analysis with regards to due diligence of potential joint venture partners.
• Co-ordinate formal assumption reviews and sign-offs, as well as compile and update assumption documents.
• To keep abreast of developments on economic evaluation, taxation and fiscal terms, cost structures, crude oil and petroleum product prices, hydrocarbon availability, as well as key global trends in the energy sector;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• An Honours Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Energy, Petroleum Geosciences or any relevant degree.
• A Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Energy, Petroleum Geosciences, or Business Administration would be an added advantage.
• A minimum with 6 years’ relevant work experience with extensive investment analysis expertise.
• Knowledge and experience working with economic models in the oil and gas sector would be an advantage.
• Be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation and leadership skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office required, including excellent MS Excel knowledge.
• A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA