Entry Level District Coordinator
Jobs at:Uzima Chicken Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Report to : Area Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager
Location : We are recruiting for the Eastern,Central and Western Region. FIeld placement is determined by business needs.
About the Company
Uzima Chicken Uganda is a social enterprise focused on making smallholder farmers healthier and wealthier . Uzima Chicken distributes an improved breed chicken that is 4x more productive than local breeds in terms of egg and meat production, while requiring the same level of management and care as the local chicken. Rearing a flock of 10 improved breed chickens can generate a 270,000 UGX net profit uplift for a smallholder family. With Uzima’s bird, rural households in Uganda can build income resilience, confidently pay for their children’s school fees, and introduce larger volumes of animal protein into their daily diets. Uzima Chicken seeks to reach every rural household by 2025 and aims to be the leading smallholder-focused poultry enterprise in East Africa. In the past 2 years of operations, Uzima Chicken has attracted investments from the AgDevCo and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation..
District Coordinators are field personnel responsible for launching Uzima operations in new districts. DCs are self driven, independent workers, and strong communicators who develop a network of Village Ambassadors to sensitize and support smallholder farmers. This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit, ability to manage and motivate people, and commitment to making smallholder farmers healthier and wealthier..
Duties & Responsibilities
Introduce Uzima and SASSO to key district stakeholders and generate awareness of Uzima’s SASSO within your territory
• Managing the performance of the recruited team of sales representatives. The DC shall ensure that sales representative are executing their duties as per Uzima’s policies and procedures
• Ensuring that sales representatives are following appropriate policies and procedures with regards to deposit /payment collection and documentation of smallholder farmer orders
• Carry out monitoring and evaluation of activities as agreed
• Make regular travel in the district to meet and advise the team members
• Recruit a team of sales representatives who will act as our brokers
• Maintain and update master list of sales representatives in the district
• Hold regular meetings with the recruited team of sales representatives
• Provide weekly and monthly reports about the performance of sales representatives
• Carry out any other duties that may be to assigned him/her by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies Required
• Passionate about positively impacting smallholder farmers in rural areas
• Diploma / degree in related field (e.g., Agribusiness, Agriculture, Animal Production) OR 0 - 2 years of field experience in the poultry business or any related field activities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (local language; English)
• Organized and able to keep clear / accurate sales records
• Carries a positive, inspirational attitude while working under pressure
• Demonstrates ability to lead, coach, and manage people
• Ability to work independently with limited follow up; entrepreneurial
• High level of integrity and accountability
• Strong work ethic
• High levels of flexibility and willing to relocate in case need arises.
Job Exprience Requirements: 0 - 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above criteria should send in their applications though the link below to fill in their responses to our form (The first page is for biodata information & second page is for our short Questionnaire) and upload their Cover letter, CV and Academic transcripts/Testimonials and finally click on submit to send in their application.
Note: When you open the application form, do not change anything (don’t switch to another account).
Just scroll downwards to access the questions and fill in your responses.
To access the application link CLICK HERE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.