Jobs at:U.S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The incumbent operates safely and efficiently an unaromored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. Works as messenger as directed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Chauffeur Responsibilities: 80%
• As one of several motor pool chauffeurs, receives work assignments from the Dispatcher to transport State and/or other Agency personnel or cargo.
• Operates Embassy vehicles in the transportation of official visitors in support of U.S. Government’s official activities.
• Assumes duty driver responsibility on a rotational basis. Incumbent may be required to make trips that require outof-town stays.
• Maintains vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition, to include cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
• Performs basic vehicle inspection in accordance with established schedules and policies.
• Prepares trip reports, vehicle use and fuel logs. Estimates fuel consumption for trips.
• Safeguards U.S. Government property and uses U.S. Government resources efficiently, including the fuel-efficient
• operation of vehicles.
• Messengers Responsibilities: 20%
• To include mail, cargo, documents pickup and delivery, as assigned.
• Handles cash up to $1000.
• Provides driver support for the Ambassador or DCM in the absence of their regularly-assigned chauffeurs, as directed.
Qualifications Required For Effective Performance Education
• Completion of high school education is required.
• Prior Work Experience
• At least three years of professional driving experience is required.
• Post Entry Training
• Two days of SMITH System Defensive Training. Proper on-the-job training on procedures for filling out trip reports, daily logs, vehicle checks, etc.
• Language Proficiency: List both English and host country languages(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (sp/read).
• English level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
• Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns.
• Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings.
• Skills and Abilities
• Must hold a valid driver’s license. Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes. Must have good verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion. Must be able to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills.
• Must have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purposes.
• Position Element Supervision Received
• Supervision Exercised Available Guidelines
• FAM and 14 FAM regulations concerning the use of official vehicles; all relevant local and international standard driving laws and regulations; post guidelines on vehicular operations.
• Exercise of Judgment
• Good judgement about appropriate routes and alternatives. The need to prioritize safety over timeliness is central to the function and is a critical element in the position qualification criteria
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.