2 Information Technology Officers
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2021
Date Posted: Monday, December 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management. As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021. Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Information Technology Officer 2 posts
Reports to: Program Manager
• Must have a Honours degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics majoring in Computing, Telcom Engineering or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
• Must have at least three-years relevant work experience in information technology in the health sector
• Implement an updated ICT policy to guide the RRH operations
• Establishing long term needs for the information system to promote the increased proliferation and ambitious application of ICT within the Institution and advises management on the appropriate ICT strategies.
• Providing technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization and maintenance of ICT hardware and software to the Institution.
• Establishing and advising the Institution on technical installation, priorities, standards, procedures, management and telecom equipment and systems.
• Training staff in using ICT equipment and related software including use of electronic medical records.
• Supporting teams coordinating Continuing medial and professional development to deliver courses using ICT equipment such a video conferencing.
• In consultation with the MoH and facility M & E teams in generating a robust monitoring and evaluation system for ICT related work including providing data capturing tools and enforcing their use.
• Maintaining confidentiality, security and reliability of the information system as per ICT policy.
• Maintaining of all Institution computer hardware and software in accordance with the established National Standards.
• Reviewing, designing, implementing and maintaining sound Local Area Network and Wide Area Network systems for the Institution.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to; The Director, Lira regional Referral Hospital, P.O. BOX 2, Lira Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org File size must not exceed 2MB.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.