2 Project Assistant
Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Project Assistant
Reporting to the Project Officer, Raising The Village’s (RTV) Project Assistant works to implement RTV’s methodology throughout the implementation and transition phase of a partner village and cluster. RTV’s work focuses on improving household livelihoods, bringing people out of extreme poverty with a focus on key initiatives centering around agriculture, livestock, water and sanitation, health, financial literacy and village savings and loans, gender equality and community driven development, etc. Project Assistant works in collaboration with government officials and community members to improve household income, promote gender equality and eradicate ultra-poverty in last mile hard to reach communities.
At RTV, you will be encouraged to embrace leadership opportunities at every level to help shape and innovate the future direction of our organization. You could gain in-depth sector knowledge, connect strengths with talent across RTV and the international network, and participate in initiatives that allow you to give back to your community.
RTV professionals are unified by a mission to eradicate ultra-poverty in our generation. We enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities.
What are you waiting for?
• Conduct project design review meetings with respective partner villages and provide feedback as required to update project designs and budgets prior to implementation;
• Coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy and behavior and mindset change, water and health sanitation, village savings and loans associations, agriculture, livestock care and management and health outreaches, etc.
• Responsible to implement RTV’s project methodologies with the purpose of increasing household income and reducing extreme poverty as per project designs;
• Develop and submit list of required goods and services for project implementation to the procurement and logistics officer;
• Responsible to verify goods/inputs prior to distribution;
• Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
• Identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
• Conduct regular meetings with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of RTV based projects.
Reporting and Administration
• Develop and manage workplans;
• Complete field reporting on a weekly basis and provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and proposal writing as might be required;
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Complete weekly financial request, submissions and accountabilities to the Senior Project Officer;
• Take photographs and share for data repository.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Providing feedback and recommendations to the Project Officer and Senior Project Officer, and the program team to improve RTV’s way of work;
Provide suggestions to management on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure sustainability of RTV projects, methodologies and improvement in the lives of community members.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Technical and Administrative Skills:
• Strong training &facilitation skills;
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English;
• Fluent in local languages where RTV works;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs i.e., Word and Excel
• Understanding of Community Based Development Principles
• Organizes work effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and deadlines;
• Able to work independently to accomplish tasks, but also as part of a team to achieve mutual goals and objectives;
• Able to think outside of the box to provide plausible solutions to issues and challenges;
• Strong work ethic, flexible, and able to build relationships with various stakeholders most notably colleagues, and community members;
• Able to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
• Energetic and physically able to hike high terrain;
• Able to travel approximately 90% of time;
• Ability to ride a motorbike would be a strong advantage.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Social Work, Humanities, Community Development, or related field of study
• Minimum of two (2) year of relevant work experience at the village level
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.