2 Community Based Volunteers
Jobs at:International Rescue Committe
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requisition ID: req19707
Job Title: Community Based Volunteer (2 positions)
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Under the supervision of WPE Response and Prevention officers, the Volunteers will be responsible for providing support to GBV Prevention and Response activities which include; Establishment of adolescent girls programming and life skills training, EMAP, Awareness creation on GBV ,Case management, Psycho-social Support , establishment of private safe spaces at health facilities and conducting CCSAS trainings among others.
All the above activities will be spearheaded by WPE Senior Officer, Prevention and Response Officers respectively with support from Community Based Volunteers who live in areas of Makindye and Kawempe Divisions where activities will be implemented.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the mobilization of community members for WPE activities; Awareness sessions, behavior change approaches and Vulnerability assessments.
• Support the timely reporting and referral of GBV cases from the community for case management.
• Conduct GBV prevention awareness raising within the community including IRC’s signature behavior change approaches.
• Work as first point contacts for IRC in the community.
• Participate in client feedback sessions and document the issues raised for sharing with the WPE staff.
• Provide translation services when required.
• Accompany Persons of Concern to access required services in a meaningful and dignified manner.
• Keep a weekly record of assignment undertaken.
• Be the ‘Eyes and Ears’ of the organization within the community, maintaining regular links with community leadership structures established
• Support project assessments with related activities i.e. data collection, mobilization of groups, translation etc.
• Any other reasonable activities determined by the Supervisor that is commensurate with the needs of the program.
• At least a certificate of education from a recognized institution from Country of Origin and O & A level in Uganda
• At least one (1) year of prior experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization in Urban setting.
• Good protection background and knowledge of Urban refugee context.
• Resident in the village or ward in Kawempe and Makindye
• Recommendation letter from refugee leaders or Local Council 1 Chairperson of the Cell
• Photocopy of refugee identification card or attestation card or National ID for Ugandans
• Ability to speak and write English and knowledge of the local languages commonly spoken preferably from any language in Congo, South Sudan, Rwanda, Eritrea, Somalia and Burundi.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/19707/application?c=rescue&jobboardid=0#1 Deadline for receiving applications is August 30th 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.