3 Security Guard
Jobs at:Muni University
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Hand written or typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala liaison Office in Makarere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than 24thSeptember, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Job reference: Muni NEW ADVERT: REF/MU/ADM/44.1/2020
JOB TITLE: Security Guard
Number of Posts (3 Post)
Salary Scale: (M20)
Responsible to: SECURITY OFFICER
Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months’ Probation
Purpose of the Job:
To assist in providing security to the University and ensure a safe and secure environment for students, staff, and property. .
• Keeps surveillance at University facilities and properties.
• Collaborates with any Security Company Guards hired by the University to support implementation of security procedures.
• Cooperates with Uganda Police Force, Security Officers in other organizations, and informants during investigations.
• Guides motorists in proper parking and regulate traffic flow to and from the University.
• Directs visitors to relevant Offices.
• Apprehends suspects and hands them over to relevant authorities.
• Records gate passes and/or vehicle registration numbers for any vehicles entering or leaving the University premises.
• Mans the University gates to control incoming and outgoing vehicles and pedestrian traffic and conducts spot checks to ensure that University property is not taken out of the University without authority.
• Ensures security lights are switched on and off at the right times.
• May be required to switch on and off the generator if necessary.
• Raises and lowers the Ugandan flag and any other flags that the University may host.
• Receives and delivers newspapers to the relevant offices daily.
• Ensures that all the buildings are securely locked.
• Ensures that canteens and clubs are closed at the right time.
• Daily surveillance report produced.
• Traffic flow is well regulated.
• A record of gate passes and vehicles entering or leaving the University premises is maintained.
• Security lights switched on and off at the right times; the buildings are securely locked and the generator promptly switched on when needed.
• Security of persons and property ensured at all times.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Should have a minimum of O’ level Certificate with either; Police, Army, Prisons or Wild Life Authority Training (Armed Forces Training).
• Should have a three (3) years’ experience in security related work.
• Should have a discharge certificate where the applicant has left armed forces.
• Computer literacy is an added advantage.
• High level of integrity.
Job Education: O’ level Certificate
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, Academic Documents, and three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents. Applicants for the position of a lecturer who are on a PhD truck must have defended their Doctoral Research proposals by the time of submitting the applications. (Attach evidence defense)
The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees. An applicant should not apply for more than two posts. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. For the post of Security Guard, an applicant who has served in the armed forces and has left service should attach his/her discharge letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.