3 Senior Mechanics
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief & Developement ( AIRD)
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and lOP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
Job Title: Senior Mechanic
Location: Field Locations
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
• Repair and maintain trucks and light vehicles in the repair workshops
• Assist the workshop foreman in inspecting the vehicles before they are received in the work shop
• Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
• Conduct routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
• Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues on trucks (e.g. leaks)
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
• Keep logs on work and issues
• Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
Education & Qualification
• Proven experience as auto mechanic especially in heavy trucks
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
• Willingness to observe an safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
• The ideal candidate should have a diploma in Automotive and power engineering or a
diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognised institution.
• At least two years' experience in a busy automotive industry preferably dealing with Volvo, Iveco, Isuzu, Toyota and Mitsubishi brands.
• A valid driving licence with at least class B is required.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below:
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 25- August 2021, 5:30 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.