80 Data Clerks
Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS. EGPAF seeks to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eradicate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs in 17 countries. EGPAF is implementing a 7-year Cooperative agreement with United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda to lead the implementation of district-based project USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in South Western Uganda (USAID RHITES SW). USAID RHITES SW activity’s goal is to increase utilization of health services through the following key result areas: increased availability of and accessibility to health services; improved quality of health services; increased availability of resources for public sector health services; improved organization and management of service delivery and increased adoption of healthy behaviors and positive child development practices by communities in focus areas and target population groups.
USAID RHITES SW project is in the process of transitioning facility level programmatic activities to local organizations, namely The AIDS Support Organization (TASO), Joint Clinical Research Center (JCRC) and the to-be-determined local service delivery (LSD) private not- for-profit project. A critical activity before the transitionis is data validation/quality assessment (DQA) to determine the number of clients currently receiving ART at all the 275 facilities across the 18 districts of South West region (Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kabale, Kanungu, Kazo, Kiruhura, Kisoro Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rwampara, Rubanda, Rubirizi, Rukiga, Rukungiri and Sheema). This activity is expected to commence Sept 01, through October 31, 2020.
RHITES SW seeks services of about 80 individuals to undertake this data quality assessment and validation.
Job Title: Data Clerk
Number of vacancies: 80
Location : District(s) allocated
Employment status: Short Term Assignment
Duration of contract: About 2 months
Reports to: Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer
Mode of payment: Done upon submission of invoice & progress report Supervisor.
Specifically, the individual will perform the following tasks:
• Participate during a training on the objectives of the Data Quality Assessment/Validation, methodology and processes
• Work with health care workers, the health information assistants and the facility based data clerks, conduct data quality checks processes including to retrieve charts of all clients ever enrolled on ART. Then sort the charts for the following categopries: active, lost to follow up, died, transferred out, unable to determine/outcome unknown in line with the standard operating procedures and classification provided
• Verify accuracy of data on the charts before it is entered into data validation electronic database
• Work with site data team to compare data entered into the verification tool with source documents , or re-enters verified data • Merges all the cleaned data into a central/district/site database as per the protocols and guidelines
• Enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports, using computerized data entry equipment and file maintenance programs.
• File the client charts at end of each working day in line with laid out facility standard operating procedure for patient filing
• Share the feedback on the data quality assessment/validation findings with the facility in-charge;
• Propose and draft an action plan for improving data quality at the respective sites assessed
• Submit a facility specific report on the key findings data quality assessment/validation and draft action plan to the RHITES SW project.
Qualifications and experience required
• Bachelors degree in Population Studies/Demography, Statistics, Medical Records or other related field. Training in computer applications is an added advantage
• At least 2 years of progressive professional experience working in data management
• Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems
• Knowledge of medical records management procedures
• Good working knowledge of computer with ability to operate various Microsoft word-processing software, spreadsheets
• Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
• Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills; ability to follow instructions provided in verbal or written format.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
• Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
• Experience in handling collecting, collating and managing numerical data
• Must have passed mathematics at O’level with atleast a credit
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education: Bachelors degree
Job Experience: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please address you cover letter and CV to:
The Senior Human Resources Manager
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
Kindly submit only your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae as one file in pdf format through https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2136 Deadline for submission is 21st August 2020. Please indicate on the cover letter the preferred district where you would like to be assigned
NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please note that EGPAF does not solicit for fees to have applicants shortlisted or offered employment
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.