Human Resource and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requisition ID: req30015
Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Assistant
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: UGX 0 - 0 Salary
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to the Human Resource and Administration Manager, the Human Resource and Administration Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC Kampala office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the processing of immigration paperwork for the relevant individuals (work, dependent/pupils permits, visas etc.)
• Assist with maintaining and updating of staff files both manually and electronically
• Raise purchase requests for HR goods and services (utilities, travel, and accommodation)
• Compile staff MTN-CUG telephone numbers and submit to MTN monthly
• Maintain an updated staff telephone contact (CUG) list
• Support the process of ID acquisition for new staff
• Monitor stationary supplies and procurement
• Support workshops and visit programmes
• Maintain the petty cash register and ensure monthly petty cash reconciliation
• Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Urban and file all timesheets appropriately.
Recruitment, On-Boarding and Exit Management
• Support recruitment activities for national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files).
• Assist in preparing onboarding documents for new employees
• Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the officer in charge
• Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures
• In liaison with the officer in charge, coordinate the national medical insurance scheme
• Update medical and GPA insurance databases
• Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruited staff
• Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
• Maintain the database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any other related course
• At least 2 years' work experience performing similar duties
• Proven skills in administration and human resources management
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
• Good administrative skills
• Strong written and oral English communications skills
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player
• Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
• A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
• This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
• Deadline for receiving applications is September 9th 2022.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.