Information Technology Assistant
Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Information Technology Assistant, reports to the Information Technology officer. The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible for facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in RTV Field offices. The IT Assistant will offer 1st and selected 2nd level support to the Country Program IT team and work closely with the IT Officer and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
• IT Support - Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
• Work with end-users or IT Officer (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 issues.
• Resolve or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues on request to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Officer, IT Manager, management) as necessary.
• Ensure that antivirus programs on each machine are updated regularly.
• Work with Helpdesk to create email addresses, update mailing lists, and keep proper tracking of email addresses. Maintenance, Repair and Security
• Perform preventative maintenance on all RTV computers and network resources.
• Ensure that server backup is done on regular basis and that staff are reminded to do back up before their computers are sent out for repairs.
• Ensure data security backups and protection of the LAN against data corruption.
• Work with the IT Officer to update and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, Network and Server system access, email creation systems, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
• Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
• Closely collaborate with the IT Officer on helpdesk, connectivity.
• Ensure proper record keeping of breakdowns, problems and maintenance carried out. Training, Evaluation and Testing
• Provide regular user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users which include training RTV staff and guests on the safe handling and general operation of computers and accessories and ensure that all RTV staff are in compliance with IT policies and procedures.
• Training of organizational applications and roll-outs.
• Research and suggest new technology as required by RTV IT Office.
• Prepare and submit regular weekly, monthly and trip reports that provide sufficient detail for HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans. IT Asset Management
• Keep an up-to-date ICT asset register by performing monthly asset verifications for all IT assets in RTV office including Software & licenses.
• Create and maintain RTV computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy. Policies & Protocols
• Implement available plans for repair of dysfunctional laptops, desktop computers, photocopiers, printers, etc.
• Implement appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all RTV computer related equipment.
• Any other IT related tasks assigned by the IT Officer to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
• Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management
• Knowledge in all computer applications
• Hands on experience of Instillation of IT hardware and software
• Strong communication skills
• Organization skills
• Experience or education in the following technologies
• Microsoft Windows, Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Team viewer, Word press, Security (online, software and hardware), Hexnode MDM.
• The IT officer should be able to travel at least 60% as required.
• Manage network servers and technology tools
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelors in information Technology, computer science
• Proven working experience as an IT Assistant for 2-3 years
• Excellent knowledge technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware /software systems.
• Hands on experience with computer networks, network administration and installation
• Experience in using MDM softwares
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.