PEAL Officer-Data Engineer
Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PEAL Officer-Data Engineer
The Data Engineer- PEAL Officer works within the data and evaluation unit and in close coordination with the planning and Venn units and is responsible for the management of the entire data lifecycle including collection, management, and storage innovations and development as well as facilitating learning and exchange of information.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements; automating processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
• Build algorithms, prototypes, and monitor applied models.
• Support in transforming raw data to a consumable format based on the use case.
• Explore more ways of improving data quality and reliability through RTV technology platforms.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Responsible data storage - ensuring that relevant reports are accurately stored in appropriate files and folders for further reference.
• Ensure accurate and timely data sorting, coding, cleaning, validation, and aggregation to inform program designs and other subsequent reports.
• Participate in developing, maintaining, and updating M & E tools for tracking, evaluation, and reporting with a focus on technology adoption and efficient operationalization to meet the organization’s objectives.
• Ensure availability of information that is thorough and precise for critical decision-making.
• Support other PEAL units and other organizational departments to achieve programmatic objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
• University degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Computing, Mathematics, informatics, Statistics, Software Engineering, or related field
• At Least 3 years of experience and knowledge of the M&E tools, techniques, frameworks, and big data management.
Skills & Qualities
• Coding skills in R, Python, Java, or C++.
• Analytics skills, including experience with Statistical packages specifically STATA, Alteryx, EpiInfo, ArcGIS,
• MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, Drone2Map, and Survey123/CTO programming will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the application of Theories of Change (TOC), results/logical frameworks, and the development/implementation of the learning agenda.
• Ability to apply M&E process-based tools including result-based and participatory monitoring and evaluation, gender analysis frameworks, feasibility studies, data quality assurance, and reporting.
• Demonstrated understanding of M&E tools including LQAS, public expenditure, citizen reports scorecard, cost-benefit analysis, GIS / GPS application in M&E, community report Cards, SWOT analysis, results- based management, and outcome mapping.
• Strong training & facilitation skills.
• Team player and self-driven
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Fluency in a local language in our areas of operation will be an advantage.
• Previous work experience in Uganda’s last-mile rural communities will be an advantage
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity with a commitment to inclusivity.
• Flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
• Ability to pay attention to detail
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage female candidates to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.