Product Officer - Data
Jobs at:Spark MicroGrants
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT SPARK MICROGRANTS
Spark Microgrants believes in a world where everyone lives with dignity and determines their own positive future. Decades of prescriptive aid have sidelined the poor from the very programs meant to uplift them. We believe in local solutions and catalysing rural villages facing poverty into action.
At the heart of Spark’s model, the Facilitated Collective Action Process (FCAP), are ‘town-hall’ style weekly meetings, in which women, men, young, old, plan together for their community’s future. Each village elects a leadership committee, establishes a village savings account, and launches a project of their choice. Members receive training on financial management, transparency, leadership, village planning, and advocacy.
Spark trains partner organisations and works with governments to scale the FCAP as the model of choice to advance social and economic development, improve lives, and secure lasting change.
Spark is now active in 500+ villages in 6 countries, improving the lives of over 500,000 people.
In Uganda the CoP is implementing the FCAP in locations of West Nile and Bulambuli district in Uganda. Our partnership with Centre for Community Development in West Nile covering 20 partner communities spread across the Omugo and Rhino Camp refugee settlements housing both refugees from South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. We also have a memorandum of Understanding to implement the FCAP in Bulambuli district with 55 partner communities currently.
As a team, we share a set of common values that shape how we work. These are:
• Facilitators. We don’t impose; we enable others to generate impact.
• Community-driven. We are motivated by what is best for the community.
• Process-centered. The how of what we do is just as important as the what.
• Authentic. Our vision and values live in everything we do.
• Dynamic. We seek opportunities and
We are seeking a Data Officer to support the product team in the collection, management, storage and visualisation of program data across the organisation.
• Work closely with the product team to develop and maintain the organisational data collection tools.
• Support management of all technical systems i.e. databases, dataflows and data collection tools.
• Developing and maintaining database structures that allow efficient and innovativeanalysis of their contents.
• Develop and maintain data flows between platforms and systems.
• Work closely with Data and Systems Manager to incorporate new platforms, systems and initiatives into our data ecosystem.
• Maintenance of core organisational dashboards.
• Contribute to analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
• Contributing to any other assignments as identified by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, 3+ years work experience in software development, computer science, IT, Data science or in a related field.
• Excellent understanding of cloud computing preferably using AWS.
• Understanding of database setup, maintenance and quality assurance
• Proficiency in SQL.
• Knowledge of python programming language.
• A strong understanding of data flows within a system
• Significant statistical analysis skills
• Experience in data visualization and able to present insights to non-technical staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken.
WHY WORK WITH US?
• You will be joining a dynamic team that hails from ten countries around the world and is committed to our vision
• You will have the freedom and autonomy to make your role your own. We want to hear your innovative ideas, your vision for the future, and your critical questions.
• We respect and value work-life balance and your need for downtime, vacation, and reflection.
• You will join a dynamic and growing organisation with a clear pathway to learning and career advancement.
• In addition to salary, Spark offers other benefits, including generous paid time off and family leave, monthly communications and professional development stipends.
Job Location:. Spark country office in Kampala
We will agree on learning and performance objectives for an initial probation period lasting three months from on-boarding.
Estimated start date: 7th October 2022.
Application closing Date: .1st December 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Follow this link to apply: https://sparkmicrogrants.bamboohr.com/careers/52
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Spark Microgrants provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Spark are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Spark does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Spark will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.