Project Coordinator- STAR KOICA Project
Jobs at:World Vision Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Project Coordinator- STAR KOICA Project
Report to: Regional Programme Manager
Advert End Date: 21st October 2022
Purpose of the position
The STAR project coordinator will oversee the management and coordination of all START related project activities and expenditures to ensure successful delivery on World Vision’s commitments as reflected in the memorandum of understanding(MoU), operational plan, and budget. The coordinator will work with the WV national office and Northern region MEAL and Resilience and Livelihood technical teams to conduct a baseline assessment of and mobilize a representative sample of 10,000 farming households in the project locations to identify their competitiveness and natural disaster resilience challenges and opportunities to further define project activities for the period 2023 -2026.
Project inception phase
• Coordinate the mapping and mobilizing of project beneficiaries with the local government counterparts
• Work with the national office R&L and MEAL technical specialist to develop methodology for data collection including finalizing questionnaire for household survey and capacity assessment of the district disaster management committees
• Contribute to writing of the inception report
• Coordinate and supervise the data collection process for the baseline survey of farming households and DRR committees in the project locations including ensuring that all equipment and logistics required by the enumerators to complete the task are provided
• Work with the national office Resilience and Livelihood and MEAL technical specialist to write the baseline survey and capacity assessment reports including the combined final report for the inception period.
• Organize and facilitate workshops or meetings to disseminate study findings
Spearhead key assessments
• Lead project baseline and other assessments done in WV operation areas.
• Coordinate field staff engagement in the baseline and other assessments done in WV operation areas.
• Ensure consultants are facilitated as necessary while conducting assessments.
• Draw key learnings from assessments and share with relevant stakeholders.
• Facilitate participation and engagement of the community, partners and government officials to learn about Child Wellbeing Situations.
• Facilitating community to identify and shared vision, objectives and approaches contribute to sustainable environment and natural resources management
• Baseline and other critical assessments conducted in time, on budget and with desired quality.
• Staff and stakeholder participation in baseline and other assessments realized.
• Key lessons from the studies shared with stakeholders and used to inform project implementation and influencing stakeholder decisions on environment and Natural resources management.
Project Implementation and sustainability
• Implements activities as described in project proposal based on WVU country policy and donor requirements
• Take lead in project planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of progress in line with donor requirements.
• Responsible for financial cash flow planning and expenditure monitoring, approval of expenditures and related cost allocations, on the basis of approved project budgets.
• Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for all staff and volunteers under the Project.
• Supervision and periodical evaluation of the performance of the staff members of project Team.
• Maintaining effective coordination and working relations with consortium partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders at field level
• Proposed activities will be implemented according to schedule.
• Better living conditions for the affected persons as they will be able to meet most of their basic needs.
• Awareness created among different stakeholders on WV interventions in the area.
Community engagement and advocacy
• Take overall lead in the coordination of FMNR, agroforestry and livelihood component of the project.
• Develop farmer’s capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations to farmer’s
• Mobilize and facilitate engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
• Ensure integration of project with other ongoing Resilience and Livelihood activities including that of World Vision and government.
• Strong cohesion among groups/cooperatives.
• Improved farmers’ knowledge on good agronomic practices for enhanced production and productivity.
Stakeholders engagement, networking and collaboration
• Engagement with key stakeholders for influence, learning and resource development.
• Actively represent WVU in the partnership meetings.
• Engage and build relationships with key partners and government counterparts.
• Work with the Project Management Unit lead to identify key parameters for successful implementation of the project and stakeholders important for that success.
• Network and collaborate with District Local Government, Ministry of Water and Environment, Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industries and Fisheries focal persons at the district level and other relevant stakeholders in the Project Area.
• Improved relationship between World Vision, the government and consortium technical specialists and other partners relevant to implementation.
Documentation, reporting and knowledge management
• Writes and submits comprehensive quarterly progress reports, specific activity reports, and any other reports when necessary to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Reporting – monthly and quarterly financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilization; narrative and financial project reporting;
• Semiannual and Annual reviews of progress towards project objectives;
• Take lead in documentation and sharing of Impact, success stories and best practices to promote learning.
• Organize quarterly review meetings for partners and communities at the project sites to reflect on project approaches, tools, impact of interventions, best practices, exit and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning
• Good quality reports submitted timely on monthly, quarterly, Biannually or annual bas
• Project achievements, successes and lesson learned shared among all stakeholders.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
• Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
• Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
• Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
• Child protection integrated into livelihoods and environment interventions to ensure child safety and reduce/ eliminate child abuse and exploitation among all stakeholders.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business management, environmental economics, international trade or related field. (post-graduate degree is an advantage).
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in project or programme design,management and implementation. Experience in natural disaster resilience is desirable. Experience in agribusiness development and implementing resilience strengthening projects/programmes is desirable including working with development institutions and/or NGOs.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of emerging sustainable and appropriate natural resource management practices, energy technologies and renewable energy
• Broad knowledge of supporting a comprehensive approach to biodiversity, community participatory approaches, disaster risk reduction and/or climate change.
• Extensive experience of working in natural resources, environmental management, climate change, mitigation and adaptation
• At least five years’ experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with humanitarian programming and implementation
• Experience and skills in project design and assessments
• Collaborative skills, with experience working with local government, support offices and donors.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in field-based programme management roles working in livelihood and food security with International NGOs or local government.
• Experience with relevant technical models such as farmer managed natural regeneration approach, Village Savings & Loans, Local Value Chain Development and Ultra-Poor Graduation Model.
• Experience in Programme Designing, Assessments, Monitoring & Evaluation.
• Acquaintance with donor relations and evidence based programing
• Capacity in relationship management/networking, leadership and coordination is essential.
• Good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven conceptual & analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to program design.
• Proven facilitation skills and track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
• Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
• Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview – ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
• Demonstration of well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work and passion for children.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified? Click here to Apply Now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.