Credit Facility Officer
Jobs at:Raising the Village
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Credit Facility Officer
Reporting to: Regional Manager (RM)
Location: Rukungiri, Kanungu and Mitooma
Travel Required: 90%
We are searching for an experienced and detail-oriented loan officer to join our growing VSLA Credit Facility project in last-mile rural communities. In this position, you will act as a liaison between VSLA groups’ applicants from our partner communities and our Credit Facility project, helping qualified applicants to obtain loans and set up payment plans. Your duties will include not limited to, preparing loan proposals, training the participants and meeting with VSLA applicants to take them through loan facility acquisitions with all necessary loan management processes, and strategic visioning the future of the project. The person in this role will be responsible for the successful launch and implementation of the second phase of the Credit Facility in Rukungiri, Mitooma, and Kanungu districts as well as scale up the project in other districts of operations, and will shape the future of this project.
Loan Management & Community Capacity Building
• Train VSLAs on the different available credit options, as well as the terms of services.
• Work with VSLAs to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
• Sensitize new VSLAs on Credit Facility products that may meet community members' needs.
• Set credit policies, credit lines, procedures, and standards in conjunction with senior managers.
• Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits.
• Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine the feasibility of granting loans.
• Consults with VSLAs about their lending needs to help them achieve their financial goals, including the collection and analysis of information about the client’s financial situation.
• Prepare detailed loan proposals.
• Complete loan contracts and counsel VSLA group members on policies and restrictions.
• Evaluates loan applications and documentation by informing the applicant of additional requirements.
• Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
• Prepares and submits timely and accurate loan files.
• Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
• Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
• Portfolio management, i.e meeting disbursement targets, collections of both principle and service fees for the due groups.
• Review and update credit and loan files.
• Compute payment schedules.
• Schedules and tracks closing dates, contingency dates, and loan lock expirations.
• Credit risk assessment
• Management of VSLA loan tracker
• Participate in budget preparation for the project.
• Οperate in compliance with principles and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines.
• Ensure that books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
• Draft official project correspondences and compose routine correspondence to VSLAs and partners.
• Liaise with the Finance team to make the withdrawal of funds from the bank, disburse and keep accurate records.
• Weekly check-ins with Finance
• Timely depositing of loan repayments
• Daily/routine reporting of any financial transaction done RTV Bank account or Mobile money account
• Review and implement financial policies.
• Review, reconcile and adhere to Credit facility accountabilities documentations
• Suggest changes or improvements increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost-saving.
• Provide support to project implementation staff through trainings to ensure adherence to Credit Facility financial processes and procedures.
• Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information
• Support group champions through executing digital reporting.
• Maintain and update account records
• Prepare monthly financial reports
• Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified through reporting
• Manage and create financial reports regularly
Education, Qualification, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance or a related field.
• A minimum of (2) two years of professional experience in providing accounting and bookkeeping services, and proven experience as a Finance/Loans Officer.
• Excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
• Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
• Ability to travel at least 90% of the time to different districts of the project’s operations
• Previous experience with accounting software (Sage Accounting),
• In-depth knowledge of computers and banking software.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Good time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
• Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.