Director of Finance and Administration
Jobs at:Program for Accessible health Communication and Education (PACE )
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DEPARTMENT: ANGLOPHONE AFRICA
BASED IN: KAMPALA, UGANDA
REPORTING TO: THE CHIEF OF PARTY, UGANDA MALARIA CONTROL ACTIVITY
STARTS: APPROXIMATELY MARCH 2021 [*CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING]
Who we are
Program for Accessible health Communication and Education-PACE is a local health non-governmental organization and remains an affiliate of PSI. PACE is an innovative, efficient and impact-oriented organization that works towards realizing a community of Ugandans empowered to sustain healthy behavior, while significantly contributing to Ministry of Health in the areas of HIV/AIDS-care and prevention, TB, Malaria and Child survival, maternal and reproductive health, as well as access to safe water. For more information, please visit www.pace.org.ug
PACE seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to lead the financial management of
activities under an anticipated $38M 5-year USAID/PMI-funded project. The project will strengthen
the capacity for malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as ownership of health at the
community and household levels, while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus
The Director of Finance and Administration will oversee financial management and operations for all
activities under the project. This includes oversight of procurement, grants, logistics, human resources,
accounting and finance, records, and ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in
place in compliance with USAID policies and procedures, to meet generally recognized accounting
standards. S/he will be responsible for managing the budget and preparing financial reports for
submission to USAID and PSI headquarters. S/he will ensure funds expended are compliant with USG
and PSI regulations and policies. She/he will implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems
and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award. S/he shall have
the requisite management expertise, interpersonal skills and professional relationships and fulfill the requirements detailed below: .
• Financial reporting: initiate, develop and monitor implementation of financial reporting
guidelines for decision making in line with donor regulations, PSI global standards, and local
• Procurement, logistics, human resources: ensure compliance with donor regulations, PSI/PACE
standards, and local law in all aspects of procurement and recruiting;
• Grants: Ensure that sub awardees have proper financial controls in place and monitor
compliance with grant terms and conditions;
• Develop and implement an overall internal controls framework for monitoring the efficient
and effective utilization of funds and all project assets, in line with the Assets Management
Policies and PSI/PACE Finance Manuals;
• Budgeting: initiate and monitor the preparation of annual operating and project budgets in
accordance with donor requirements and PSI/PACE Finance Manual;
• Audits and Compliance:
1. Manage all internal and external audits, including the provision of audit samples and
2. preparation of management comments on audit reports.
3. Follow up on action plans to ensure remediation of audit findings.
4. In collaboration with legal counsel, minimize legal risks to the organization and address
5. any legal issues that arise.
6. Ensure timely submission of statutory financial reports including tax returns.
7. Ensure that accounting operations and financial reporting comply with PSI global finance
8. policy, funder regulations, and local law.
9. Initiate, develop, and document financial and administration policies and guidelines for
10. monitoring the implementation of the programs and activities in accordance with PSI/
11. PACE Finance Manuals.
What are we looking for?
Required Qualification/ Experience:
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance and another relevant field.
• A minimum of 10 years in accounting, business administration, or related field.
• A minimum of seven years of experience supervising project operations, including human
• resources, procurement, subcontracts, grants and accounting/finance.
• Experience managing large budgets, logistics and supply chain management for the
• implementation of malaria programs.
• In depth knowledge of USG financial reporting and compliance requirements, as well as USG
• Cost Accounting Standards.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience of professional staff.
• Preference will be given to professionals with membership of ACCA, CPA(U) and CMA
Required Personal Competencies:
• Demonstrated supervisory experience with excellent interpersonal, written and oral
• communication, leadership and managerial skills;
• Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements; in-depth knowledge
• and practical understanding of USG administrative, management and reporting of procedures
• and systems; experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG funded contract is
• highly desirable;
• Experience in managing USG donor-funded procurement and subcontracts/grants of similar
• scope and size of this activity;
• Proven track record of implementing fraud mitigation practices;
• Experience with finance management, accounting and auditing, procurement and
• establishment of internal controls; including monitoring of grant compliance and management preferred;
• Experience with strategic program planning, annual work planning and budgeting;
• Experience managing successful teams working in multiple locations;
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and accounting software such as QuickBooks
• Professional proficiency in spoken and written English required; and
• Excellent past performance reference
Job Experience: 10 years
Job Education: Master’s degree
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, and an updated CV ONLY to email@example.com indicating the
Job title in the subject of the email.
Your CV should be two-paged, clearly stating how you meet what we are looking for and what gets us interested. Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm or 1700H (East African Time) on Monday August 24th, 2020. Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Please note PACE does not solicit for funds during any recruitment process.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.