Engineering Assistant (Mechanical)
Jobs at:Muni University
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Hand written or typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala liaison Office in Makarere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than 24thSeptember, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Job reference: Muni NEW ADVERT: REF/MU/ADM/43.1/2020
JOB TITLE: Engineering Assistant (Mechanical)
Number of Posts (1 Post)
Salary Scale: (M10)
Responsible to: UNIVERSITY ENGINEER
Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months’ Probation where applicable
Purpose of the Job:
To assist the University Engineer to plan, develop, control and coordinate all estates functions of the University. .
• Assists in the development of technical specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of goods, services and works.
• Assists in preparation of the bill of quantities required for servicing, repairs and maintenances of machinery and equipment according to Manufacturers’ guidelines and specifications.
• Assists in the supervision of planned, preventive and curative maintenance programs and schedules of vehicles and equipment.
• Assists to investigate, safeguard and inspect the University automobiles to ensure that adequate protection measures are put in place for machines and equipments.
• Supervises subordinate staff, assesses their performance, identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training for them.
• Participates in the execution of impromptu tasks, servicing schedules within the premises of the University.
• Bills of quantities prepared after automobile inspections.
• Supervision reports on technical works including repairs and maintenance of automobiles prepared.
• Reports on planned, preventive and curative maintenance programmes and schedules prepared.
• Performance assessment conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Should have a Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institution.
• Possession of a certificate of in a related field will be an added advantage.
• Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills as well as good communication skills.
• Should have three (3) years’ experience in a business and reputable mechanical workshop, warehouse or industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge in computer literacy, capable of using word processing, spreadsheet and database – computer software packages.
Job Education: Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, Academic Documents, and three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents. Applicants for the position of a lecturer who are on a PhD truck must have defended their Doctoral Research proposals by the time of submitting the applications. (Attach evidence defense)
The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees. An applicant should not apply for more than two posts. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. For the post of Security Guard, an applicant who has served in the armed forces and has left service should attach his/her discharge letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.