Financial Reporting Supervisor
Jobs at:JESA Farm Dairy
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JESA Farm Dairy is a leading dairy brand in Uganda founded in 1989 by the late Mr. James Mulwana. From its small beginnings producing only raw milk, JESA has grown to become a home grown, commercial success story and a flagship East African consumer brand. Today, the JESA brand, with its wide range of fresh, dairy products namely: fresh pasteurized milk, UHT Milk, Yoghurt, Butter, Fresh Cream and Cream Cheese; has come to symbolize great taste, high quality, and innovation.
A number of vacancies have been created due to expansion of company operations. This is therefore to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the required job specifications, skillset and experience to fill the following positions at JESA Farm Dairy.
JESA/HR/FIN/01: FINANCIAL REPORTING SUPERVISOR (01 VACANCY)
Manage, supervise, and report on all financial accounting functions related to receivables, payables, asset management, reconciliation, analysis, compliance and recording as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage all accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
• Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports.
• Assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to financial reporting and procedural standards.
• Report to management regarding the finances of the company.
• Review accounting entries passed in the books of account.
• Ensure proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to authorization matrix.
• Review cashbooks and Bank reconciliation of the organization.
• Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
• Review of the Payroll to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Regular review of the controls and monitor their effectiveness.
• Ensure that the fixed assets register is up to date
• Work with other departments on cost cutting initiatives
• Provide information during internal and external audits
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Basic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration obtained from an internationally recognized institution. Professional Qualification (CPA or ACCA)
A minimum of 6 years’ relevant working experience with at least 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Skillset, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good knowledge of the dairy industry
• Risk management.
• Problem Solving.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) only (NO ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS) in one file and indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB Saturday 02nd October 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.