Head of Internal Audit
Jobs at:Dfcu Bank
Deadline of this Job:
12 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, dfcu Bank, would like to recruit a Head of Internal Audit. Reporting to the Board Audit Committee, the Head of internal Audit will be responsible for leading the internal audit function in the Bank. This role will provide independent, objective assurance and advice designed to add value and improve the organizations operations while focusing on internal control systems, risk management framework and governance. .
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop policies and procedures for the audit function so as to provide guidance on the governance framework of audit activities within the Bank;
• Develop and update comprehensive annual audit plans to ensure risk-focused and value-added audits are carried out;
• Develop and implement Audit Quality Assurance improvement Programs to ensure audit services continue to otter value-added services to the Board and Management;
• Give overall supervision of the work of audit staff to ensure timely implementation of approved audit plans and ensure maintenance of a high-quality standard of audit work;
• Advise the Board and Management and make recommendations for improving management controls and risk management; to ensure achievement of strategic business objectives;
• Oversee the provision of assurance in relation to financial performance, compliance, system security and due diligence;
• Oversee the provision of consulting services which are advisory and related client service activities, such as conducting internal control training, providing advice to management about the control concerns in new systems, review of draft policies, and participating in quality review of the Bank's projects;
• Certify statutory returns to Bank of Uganda to ensure accuracy and avoid penalties to the Bank.
• Supervise, review, and participate in the training of internal Audit staff to ensure competent audit personnel able to deliver high quality service;
• Meet with management at all levels and the Audit Committee of the Board, as necessary to discuss audit plans & results and make recommendations to resolve audit findings requiring corrective action;
• Interact with the Risk Department to identity key risks that require audit attention;
• Manage the internal Audit budget and keep departmental costs at minimum;
• Make recommendations that are intended to enhance cost containment, detection of income leakage and enhance revenue recovery; and
• Evaluate and provide assurance to the Board that risk management, controls, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization to achieve superior financial performance.
• A Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other business related discipline;
• A professional qualification in accountancy and auditing such as ACCA, CPA, llA;
• Full membership of the institute of the Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU);
• A minimum of 8 years’ working experience in an auditing firm or in an internal audit function, of which at least 5 years must be as manager or at a supervisory level;
• Ability to schedule and direct the activities of professionals in accomplishing the goals of the internal Audit Function, and review work in progress and upon completion;
• Must have a thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes & procedures in banks;
• Thorough understanding of auditing standards, audit procedures, including risk driven audit planning techniques and methods;
• Sound independent judgement with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Advanced computer skills, with strong communication skills and ability to prepare concise oral and written reports;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization as well as outside the organization; and
• The ability to achieve an appropriate balance between the independence of the internal auditor’s role with the need to work collaboratively with management for the betterment of the organization.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and a cover letter highlighting how their experience is relevant to the Duties and Responsibilities described above to email@example.com by not later than Friday 12th March.
The CV must include 3 referees including their e-mail address and telephone number. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.