IT/Information Management Officer
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: IT/Information Management Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager-Project Support
Overall purpose of the role:
To support the West Nile North field offices and additional support to Acholi offices with; the IT and Information Management systems to maximize full uptime. The IT officer is to ensure that information required to support humanitarian operations is collected, organized and distributed to all stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Key IT tasks:
• Control and maintain IT systems to minimize IT service downtime
• Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
• Troubleshooting the LAN.
• Hardware and software support.
• Ensure that the anti-virus within the organization is updated on a timely basis.
• Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
• Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
• Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
• Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance.
• Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
• Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
• Provide Simple guidelines training to the staff during service time.
• Report on API on a monthly basis to the Kampala co-ordination Office
• Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary
Key IM tasks:
• Assist MEAL team on the ground with the project databases maintenance, troubleshooting and participate in database and database development training;
• Assist the MEAL team entering data collection tools to the Kobo toolbox system;
• Assist the MEAL team in training enumerators in using the Kobo toolbox for data collection;
• Support the MEAL team with tablet maintenance, including: extracting the data such as pictures (if needed) storing, charging, monitoring their movement, observing that the tablets are used for their designated purpose and there is no other account or data
• Support the SharePoint adoption and organize training to the field teams;
• Support the adoption of SOPs in the field regarding information management
• Collaborate with CO IT and IM focal persons.
• Maintain an updated inventory list for data equipment (tablets, laptops…etc)
• Participate in weekly follow up/feedback meetings with colleagues to maintain high quality of data management
• Attend internal coordination and MEAL meetings with other DRC colleagues to discuss opportunities and challenges.
• Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks and ideas.
• Identify areas for streamlining data entry and sorting processes
Experience and technical competencies:
• Good communication skills.
• Flexible person and ready to work on odd hours.
• Self-motivated, Team player.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a busy IT NGO environment.
• GIS knowledge including the use of complex databases and spreadsheets, and specific software such as ArcGIS; ability to highly numerate and ability to analyze data and statistics; the ability to work well under pressure.
• Bachelor’s Degree Science in Computer Science
• Post Graduate Diploma in IT related studies
• Certificate in CISCO NETWORKING an advantage
• Fluent in English
• Local languages an asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 27th August, 2021.
Kindly attach valid Academic Documents when submitting your application!
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.