Joint Venture Coordinator
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Joint Venture Manager.
JOB PURPOSE: Co-ordinate and oversee all Joint Venture (JV) aspects of UNOC’s operated and non-operated assets across the value chain
• Coordinate and represent UNOC within the Joint Venture (JV) and Government Technical, Financial and Operational meetings.
• Ensure all JV decisions and approvals are obtained in a timely manner and properly documented, including approval of expenditure, annual work programme & budgets.
• Ensure all reporting requirements under the JOAs, PSAs and other JV Agreements by Operator/Contractor are satisfied.
• Support the Joint Venture Manager in designing, implementing and coordinating JV management processes within UNOC, ensuring adherence to the terms of the JOAs, PSAs and other JV Agreements as well as with UNOC procedures and ways of working.
• Interface with UNOC’s Corporate Functions and subsidiaries (NPC, URHC) to coordinate UNOC’s engagement strategy with JV Partners across the value chain.
• Work closely with the Joint Venture Manager and other Corporate Functions to develop operational procedures, communication with JV Partners, monitoring systems and any other process as applicable.
• Performing other Joint Venture and Business activities as may be required from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
• Master’s Degree in either Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Law or any relevant discipline is an added advantage.
• Must have at least 5 years working experience in energy or financial regulatory services, financial services, management consulting, auditing or any relevant industry.
• Experience in the oil & gas sector and/or global energy markets is an added advantage.
• Proficiency with MS Office required, including excellent MS Excel knowledge.
• A dynamic self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Have excellent communication and personnel management skills and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure, with various levels of management and as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA